We are traveling to Germany for 8 days in December with our 2.5 years old daughter.
I was in Berlin end of November for work and I loved it, I thought it was too cold but at least now i know how to prepare for my trip.
Its My husband's first time in Germany, and all our previous holidays were in the summer. We originally planned to travel in December to enjoy festive season in Europe. after my recent trip to Germany, and because of a good package we booked a flight to and from Frankfurt . from there we are not sure what to do, we made a small itinerary with gaps as follows:
Day 1 17th : arrive in Frankfurt at 6 am take train to Nuremberg arrive at hotel around 9-10 am
Day 2 18th: Nuremberg with trip to Rothenburg for christmas market.
Day 3 19th: ? do we stay and extra day in Nuremberg?is there much to see here?
Day 4 20thnot sure where to go here? stuttgart ? Munich?
Day 5 21st
Day 6: 22nd: morning train to Heidelberg (castle and enjoy town) sleep in Heidelberg
Day 7 23rd:Morning train to Frankfurt (Sight seeing and Shopping)
Day 8 24th: Frankfurt ( Half day shopping and half day christmas dinner)
Day 9 25th: Fly from frankfurt 10:00 am
Not sure what to do here in winter time, maybe it would help to give a little info about what we usually do when traveling, we usually spend all morning roaming around from one major attraction to another ( Buildings, churches, museums) not necessarily go in to all of them we select as we go. during the night drinking and dining and we will probably enjoy the christmas markets. we are interested in art, architecture history and culture. we appreciate small towns only if we include big cities in our trips.
On day 20,21st I'm not sure where to go, is stuttgart a nice city to go to? what can we do there in this weather? is it too crazy to take a train to Munich for just 2 days? maybe alternatively we stay in the area and see what part of the black forest we would be able to see.
Appreciate any help on this .. also if you have some suggestions of where we can spend the half day of the 24th, do restaurants or local pubs serve christmas dinner? we would like a non smoking cozy atmosphere.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 2 Apartment Montreux area
- 3 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 11 An evening in London
- 12 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 13 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 14 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Safety in Rome
- 24 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary