Four friends picking up rental car in Munich city 9 am, then travelling to Garmisch-Parkenkirchen area for 3 nights. Need some itinerary advice re logistics for routing and time for activities.
Day 1: Leave Munich by 10am, drive to Mittenwald (lunch), visit Parnach Gorge in afternoon - do the hike to the end, then circle back (how long would this hike take?). Would there be time to also visit Oberamergau + maybe do the Alpine Roller Coaster (seems like a lot packed in for one day??); drive to accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 2: Visit Zugspitze, then Linderhof, Kloster Ettal; accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 3: Book first English tours of Hohenschwangau & Neuschwanstein Castles, lunch; visit Fussen; visit Wieskirch. Accommodation in Garmisch; travelling north early the next morning.
Some have said the Tegelbahn near Fussen has views as good as Zugspitze and that the Karwendel near Mittenwald has good views and is almost as high as Zugspitze - does anyone have comments on these as an alternative to Zugspitze? Although a couple of my friends are really wanting to do the Zugspitze - please offer your comments.
Can anyone suggest reorganization of above intinerary to make a better flow to accommodate everything? Are there other suggestions for visits? Open to any and all suggestions - Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 2 Barcelona cooking classes
- 3 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 4 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 6 CDG airport and connection time
- 7 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 8 car for four adults and four bikes
- 9 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Switzerland
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 20 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 21 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 22 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 family holiday Rome&Venice
Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice