Four friends picking up rental car in Munich city 9 am, then travelling to Garmisch-Parkenkirchen area for 3 nights. Need some itinerary advice re logistics for routing and time for activities.
Day 1: Leave Munich by 10am, drive to Mittenwald (lunch), visit Parnach Gorge in afternoon - do the hike to the end, then circle back (how long would this hike take?). Would there be time to also visit Oberamergau + maybe do the Alpine Roller Coaster (seems like a lot packed in for one day??); drive to accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 2: Visit Zugspitze, then Linderhof, Kloster Ettal; accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 3: Book first English tours of Hohenschwangau & Neuschwanstein Castles, lunch; visit Fussen; visit Wieskirch. Accommodation in Garmisch; travelling north early the next morning.
Some have said the Tegelbahn near Fussen has views as good as Zugspitze and that the Karwendel near Mittenwald has good views and is almost as high as Zugspitze - does anyone have comments on these as an alternative to Zugspitze? Although a couple of my friends are really wanting to do the Zugspitze - please offer your comments.
Can anyone suggest reorganization of above intinerary to make a better flow to accommodate everything? Are there other suggestions for visits? Open to any and all suggestions - Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 5 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 6 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 7 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 13 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Greek Village
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 Berlin
- 21 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 22 Germany or Sweden
- 23 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 24 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 25 Two days in Rome
Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice