Four friends picking up rental car in Munich city 9 am, then travelling to Garmisch-Parkenkirchen area for 3 nights. Need some itinerary advice re logistics for routing and time for activities.
Day 1: Leave Munich by 10am, drive to Mittenwald (lunch), visit Parnach Gorge in afternoon - do the hike to the end, then circle back (how long would this hike take?). Would there be time to also visit Oberamergau + maybe do the Alpine Roller Coaster (seems like a lot packed in for one day??); drive to accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 2: Visit Zugspitze, then Linderhof, Kloster Ettal; accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 3: Book first English tours of Hohenschwangau & Neuschwanstein Castles, lunch; visit Fussen; visit Wieskirch. Accommodation in Garmisch; travelling north early the next morning.
Some have said the Tegelbahn near Fussen has views as good as Zugspitze and that the Karwendel near Mittenwald has good views and is almost as high as Zugspitze - does anyone have comments on these as an alternative to Zugspitze? Although a couple of my friends are really wanting to do the Zugspitze - please offer your comments.
Can anyone suggest reorganization of above intinerary to make a better flow to accommodate everything? Are there other suggestions for visits? Open to any and all suggestions - Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Denmark or Sweden?
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 Trek through Eur
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 London Hotels
- 12 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help
Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice