Four friends picking up rental car in Munich city 9 am, then travelling to Garmisch-Parkenkirchen area for 3 nights. Need some itinerary advice re logistics for routing and time for activities.
Day 1: Leave Munich by 10am, drive to Mittenwald (lunch), visit Parnach Gorge in afternoon - do the hike to the end, then circle back (how long would this hike take?). Would there be time to also visit Oberamergau + maybe do the Alpine Roller Coaster (seems like a lot packed in for one day??); drive to accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 2: Visit Zugspitze, then Linderhof, Kloster Ettal; accommodation in Garmisch.
Day 3: Book first English tours of Hohenschwangau & Neuschwanstein Castles, lunch; visit Fussen; visit Wieskirch. Accommodation in Garmisch; travelling north early the next morning.
Some have said the Tegelbahn near Fussen has views as good as Zugspitze and that the Karwendel near Mittenwald has good views and is almost as high as Zugspitze - does anyone have comments on these as an alternative to Zugspitze? Although a couple of my friends are really wanting to do the Zugspitze - please offer your comments.
Can anyone suggest reorganization of above intinerary to make a better flow to accommodate everything? Are there other suggestions for visits? Open to any and all suggestions - Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 2 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 3 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 4 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 5 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 7 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 10 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 11 3 nights in Madrid
- 12 Help with Ireland Trip
- 13 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 14 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 15 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 16 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 17 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 18 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 19 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 20 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 21 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 Swimming in Lake Bled?
Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice