I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long in Venice?
- 2 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 3 atm cards in Spain
- 4 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 5 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 6 weather in Veneto area in September
- 7 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 8 Germany Visa for conference
- 9 Cotswolds village base
- 10 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 11 Hotel in Rome?
- 12 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 13 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 14 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 15 10 days in England
- 16 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 17 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 18 Passport Delays
- 19 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 20 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 21 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 22 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 23 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 24 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 25 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law