I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 6 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 7 nearby cities to london
- 8 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 9 London hotel
- 10 Prague - Tram #22
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 14 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 17 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 18 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 19 Where to stay in Rome
- 20 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 25 RFID wallets do they really work?