I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 3 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 4 Italy Countryside
- 5 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 6 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 7 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 8 French Basque region
- 9 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 10 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 11 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 12 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 13 biking tours in Italy?
- 14 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 VISA question
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 21 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 22 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 23 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 24 France,Spain,Italy
- 25 Scotland November 2015