I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 4 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 6 Great London Bars with a view
- 7 Art in Paris
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 11 Rental car while in Ireland
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 16 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 17 Reykjavik hotels
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 20 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 23 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 24 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 25 Help with England/Wales tour