I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 2 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 3 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 4 Southern France
- 5 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 6 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 7 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 8 italy
- 9 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 10 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 11 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Foie gras, redux
- 14 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 15 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 16 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 17 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 18 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 25 Pronunciation