I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 first family trip to Switzerland
- 2 Spending money in Italy?
- 3 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 4 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 5 River Cruise: MS Amadeus Elegant- Reserve with Caution
- 6 Normandy in October
- 7 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 8 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 9 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 10 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 11 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 12 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 13 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 14 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 15 Passport Delays
- 16 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 17 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 18 Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm; Best site to book and when?
- 19 Stockholm Metro Stations
- 20 Crazy Trying to Rent a Car
- 21 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 22 British English
- 23 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 24 Spain for 7 days
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!