I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 Sicily Suggetions
- 4 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 11 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 12 Day trip on the Rhine
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Paris in April?
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Flam, Norway railway
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 22 He said , she said
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 car rental companies Italy
- 25 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)