I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Month of July
- 2 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 3 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 4 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 5 Shipping Prosecco
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 8 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 9 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 10 Your favourite places in Bath
- 11 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 12 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 13 Italy and Croatia
- 14 Europe Tour with Kids
- 15 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 Lakes District UK
- 18 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 19 Kimhe--flamenco
- 20 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 21 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 22 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 23 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 24 Italy 14 days
- 25 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March