I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 2 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 3 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada
- 4 What am I doing wrong?
- 5 Pantelleria: Yes or no?
- 6 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 7 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 8 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 9 Italy for New Year's
- 10 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 11 Germany at Christmas
- 12 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 13 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 14 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 15 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 16 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 17 British Airways, anyone?
- 18 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?
- 19 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?
- 20 Mirrors?
- 21 Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?
- 22 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 23 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 24 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 25 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.