I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 4 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 5 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 6 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 7 ITALY
- 8 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 9 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 10 Akrotiri Tours
- 11 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 12 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 13 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 14 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 15 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 16 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 17 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 18 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 19 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 20 Northern Spain
- 21 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 22 London hotel tax is 20%
- 23 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 24 France: which maps?
- 25 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?