I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 4 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 5 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 6 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 7 Air pollution in Paris
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Nice or Marseille??
- 11 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 12 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 13 Dresden or Leipzig
- 14 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 17 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 18 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 19 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 20 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 21 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 22 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 25 Madrid - Bernina Express