I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 7 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 8 French restaurants
- 9 Azores in February
- 10 Trains in Alps and UK
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Lisbon trip report
- 15 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 16 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 24 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 25 Planning a European Trip