I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 2 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 3 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 4 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 5 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 6 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 7 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 8 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 9 Day on the Rhine
- 10 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 11 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 12 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 13 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 14 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 15 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 16 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 17 Top 5 choices from London
- 18 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 19 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 20 Help plan train from Segovia to Toledo
- 21 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 22 Transportation in Paris
- 23 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 24 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 25 Do American College Student IDs work for free museum entrance