I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 5 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 6 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 4 week trip Turkey
- 9 TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK FULL DAY
- 10 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 11 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 12 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 13 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 14 Scotland Trip
- 15 Holiday in Austria
- 16 What one thing in Paris?
- 17 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 20 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 21 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 22 Paris Under Seige...
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 24 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 25 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November