I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 The specific levels of existence
- 5 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 6 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 7 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 8 dinner jackets
- 9 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 15 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 18 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 19 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 20 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 21 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 22 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Shoes for little feet in Spain