I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Plane Tickets 101
- 2 Horses, Kayaking and Adventure in Iceland
- 3 Copenhagen or Stockholm?
- 4 Paris Here We Come
- 5 Gluten-Free Paris recommendations
- 6 Paris dining-with teens
- 7 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 8 Where to visit around Toulouse
- 9 Archetypical White Christmas
- 10 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 11 zugspitze in October
- 12 sncf help
- 13 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 14 Ferrari Factory
- 15 Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please
- 16 Possible flight cancellation?
- 17 How best to travel from Florence to Sorrento
- 18 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 19 Another Paris Trip Report
- 20 Madrid & Barcelona Questions
- 21 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 22 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 23 Best new years?
- 24 Amalfi Coast in June
- 25 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal