I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
- 1 Almalfi in Late March??
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Trip to London
- 4 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 5 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 6 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 7 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 8 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 9 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 10 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 11 Backpacking through Europe
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 13 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 14 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 15 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 16 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 17 Riquewihr, France, recommended accommodation
- 18 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 19 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 20 Monaco to Paris
- 21 EuropeanDestinations
- 22 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 23 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 24 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 25 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus