I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 2 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 3 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Halloween in Paris
- 7 Weekend in Norfolk
- 8 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 9 Cotswold Churches
- 10 chrismas in rome
- 11 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 12 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 13 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 14 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 I dream of Europe
- 17 My notes on Greece 101
- 18 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 21 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 22 how long in Malta?
- 23 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 24 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 25 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris