My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 What do after Bernia Express?
- 8 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 9 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 13 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 14 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 scotland
- 17 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Ischia
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 Barcelona
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice