My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 2 Family trip: Andalucia in November
- 3 Rome Rental Car
- 4 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 5 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 6 5 Days in Corsica
- 7 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 8 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 9 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 10 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 11 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 12 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 13 Beaches in Southern France
- 14 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 15 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 16 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 17 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 18 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 19 italy itinerary
- 20 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 21 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 22 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 23 3 days to spend in europe
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?