My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Germany Christmas Markets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 2 Italy trip questions
- 3 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 5 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 6 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 7 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 8 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 9 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 10 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 11 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 12 Suggestion for travel memories
- 13 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 14 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 17 Budget family trip to Europe
- 18 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 19 Pyrenees logistics
- 20 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 21 Italy
- 22 Azores
- 23 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 24 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 25 Driving in Italy