My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Germany Christmas Markets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 2 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 3 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 4 Cotswolds village base
- 5 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 6 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 7 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 8 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 9 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 12 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 13 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 14 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 15 Netherlands Delta Works
- 16 Southern Italy without a Car
- 17 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 20 Hotel in Rome?
- 21 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 22 Visit to Bath and London england
- 23 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 24 Bus to Vietri Sul Mare?
- 25 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up