My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Germany Christmas Markets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Authentic czech food
- 2 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 3 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 4 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 5 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 6 Decision time...
- 7 Spain in November
- 8 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 9 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 10 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 11 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 12 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 13 Italy - unusually so
- 14 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 15 About cars in Austria
- 16 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 17 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 18 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 19 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 20 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 21 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 22 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 23 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 24 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 25 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?