My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Germany Christmas Markets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 3 Where to stay in Rome
- 4 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 5 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 10 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 11 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 12 Sicily Suggetions
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 15 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 18 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 19 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 20 7 days in Greece
- 21 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 22 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 23 London hotel
- 24 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 25 A drive in Europe