My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Germany Christmas Markets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 2 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 3 South of Switzerland
- 4 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 5 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 6 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 10 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 11 Itinerary for Spain
- 12 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 13 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 14 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 15 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 16 2 different itineraries
- 17 Recommend a tour company?
- 18 Itinerary help
- 19 England in 7 days
- 20 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 21 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 22 Day Trips from Paris
- 23 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 24 Spanish Music
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth