My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 3 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 4 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 5 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 8 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 9 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 10 Greece Experts
- 11 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 12 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 15 Ireland driving itinerary
- 16 Greece Itinerary
- 17 Germany and Austria trip report
- 18 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 19 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 20 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 21 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 22 Puglia
- 23 My greece vacation
- 24 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 25 Naples or Genoa