My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Berlin
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 13 Berlin -clubs
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 16 base in brussels
- 17 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 20 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 21 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy