My boyfriend and I are flying into Europe in mid December and we're considering visiting germany to see the Christmas markets there. We're from the southern hemisphere so
This will be our very first white Christmas - and first Christmas away from home -
So we wanted to do something a little different.
I've been researching a little but I'm getting overwhelmed with how many markets there are and just how big Germany is! Does anyone know which are considered the best among the markets? And how accessible is it from the major airports? Or will be need to rent a car?
We're also planning to meet up with friends who are interested in visiting Prague for new years eve. Would any of the 'better' markets be within say a train ride of Prague?
Thanks so much for your help!
Germany Christmas Markets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 2 London 2nd time around
- 3 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 4 Edinburgh - outings?
- 5 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 6 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 7 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 8 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 9 London sites - skipping the queue?
- 10 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 11 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 12 What to wear
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 16 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 17 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 18 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 Istanbul Itinerary
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY