My husband and I are traveling with another couple to the Bavaria region and Black Forest for first time in the last week in June for 16 nights. We are in our mid 30s n wanted suggestions or recommendations on the following itinerary based on your expertise. We are pretty adventurous , like to enjoy the culture, meet locals n love to eat esp desserts.
Fly into Zurich June 27 n then take train to freiburg
June 28-freiburg or any other recommendation in black forest?
30 drive from Freiburg to mittenwald via Fussen to see neuschwestein castle on the way
July 1 mittenwald or should we stay in fussen
8 drive or train Munich to Stuttgart
10 drive or train Stuttgart to Heidelberg
12 Heidelberg to Frankfurt
13 leave Frankfurt to fly home
1. Places we should add or eliminate in Bavaria or Black Forest - Rothemburg?
2. Recommend hikes or adventure
3.. Any festivals during this period
4. Recommend best area to stay in each location
5. Hotels? Bed n breakfast?
For now, the only part of the itinerary which is confirmed is our flights flying Zurich n out of Frankfurt.
We are flexible in changing our itinerary depending on your suggestions.
We really appreciate you taking the time to help us and look forward to hearing from you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 20 Italy
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)