I need help...I've never been to Germany and am running the Marathon Sept. 29. Help needed with post Berlin plans. We'll see Berlin before Marathon but have 4 nights post marathon to enjoy Germany. I can only wish marathon in Munich as the things that interest me most are around there...Rothenburg, Nuremburg, Salzburg and the castles near Fussen. I am so perplexed on how to best invest our time. I would just love to get the real Germany experience (quaint towns, biergartens, history.) I realize it's right in the midst of Ockoberfest and I do love me some beer but I don't want to get caught up in the circus atmosphere and crowds. I'm just betting there's awesome beer everywhere in Germany Suggestions, such a short amount of time. Thank you for input!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 2 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 3 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 4 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 5 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 6 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 7 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 8 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 9 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 10 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 11 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 12 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 13 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 14 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 15 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 16 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 17 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto
- 20 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 21 Train from Sarlat
- 22 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 23 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 24 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 25 Poland Safety