I need help...I've never been to Germany and am running the Marathon Sept. 29. Help needed with post Berlin plans. We'll see Berlin before Marathon but have 4 nights post marathon to enjoy Germany. I can only wish marathon in Munich as the things that interest me most are around there...Rothenburg, Nuremburg, Salzburg and the castles near Fussen. I am so perplexed on how to best invest our time. I would just love to get the real Germany experience (quaint towns, biergartens, history.) I realize it's right in the midst of Ockoberfest and I do love me some beer but I don't want to get caught up in the circus atmosphere and crowds. I'm just betting there's awesome beer everywhere in Germany Suggestions, such a short amount of time. Thank you for input!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 2 Train tickets within Italy
- 3 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 4 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 5 Questions for Paris residents
- 6 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 7 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 8 Central European train travel
- 9 Mont St. Michele?
- 10 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 11 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 12 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 13 Carinthia
- 14 Southwestern England
- 15 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 16 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 17 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 18 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 19 Best driving map for Greece?
- 20 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 21 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 22 VENERE.COM.....how reliable?
- 23 Sicily by train or bus
- 24 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 25 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?