I need help...I've never been to Germany and am running the Marathon Sept. 29. Help needed with post Berlin plans. We'll see Berlin before Marathon but have 4 nights post marathon to enjoy Germany. I can only wish marathon in Munich as the things that interest me most are around there...Rothenburg, Nuremburg, Salzburg and the castles near Fussen. I am so perplexed on how to best invest our time. I would just love to get the real Germany experience (quaint towns, biergartens, history.) I realize it's right in the midst of Ockoberfest and I do love me some beer but I don't want to get caught up in the circus atmosphere and crowds. I'm just betting there's awesome beer everywhere in Germany Suggestions, such a short amount of time. Thank you for input!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling home from abroad
- 2 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 3 Dordogne in October
- 4 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 5 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 6 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 7 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 8 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 9 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 10 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 11 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 12 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 13 Paris first then where?
- 14 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 15 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 16 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 17 CROATIA SPLIT
- 18 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 19 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 20 Does this sound feasible?
- 21 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 22 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 23 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 24 Stay away from EF Tours
- 25 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please