I need help...I've never been to Germany and am running the Marathon Sept. 29. Help needed with post Berlin plans. We'll see Berlin before Marathon but have 4 nights post marathon to enjoy Germany. I can only wish marathon in Munich as the things that interest me most are around there...Rothenburg, Nuremburg, Salzburg and the castles near Fussen. I am so perplexed on how to best invest our time. I would just love to get the real Germany experience (quaint towns, biergartens, history.) I realize it's right in the midst of Ockoberfest and I do love me some beer but I don't want to get caught up in the circus atmosphere and crowds. I'm just betting there's awesome beer everywhere in Germany Suggestions, such a short amount of time. Thank you for input!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 5 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Norway 2014
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 I dream of Europe
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 13 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 14 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 15 Is Venice really dirty?
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Best beach town in Italy?
- 22 Burgundy in May
- 23 Athens at New Years
- 24 chrismas in rome
- 25 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?