We want to take my parents to see the Christmas markets in Germany and Austria in Dec 2016. We (husband and I) have lived in NY, but currently live in Singapore with our 2 kids - 7 and 4. My parents live in Mumbai, India where there is no "real" winter per se.
I understand it will be very cold in Dec in Germany and Austria and I am struggling to decide if this trip will be a good idea. The kids have been to Germany in late Oct - so far, that is the coldest weather they have experienced.
Christmas markets being the key thing in our agenda, I expect that we will be out and about in the cold in the evenings. Any experiences from anyone who lives in warm weather with a trip like this will help me a great deal in making this decision.
Please let me know your thoughts and share your experience!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 2 where to stay in London?
- 3 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 4 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 5 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Cutback on Spain trip
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 13 driving from ancona to rome
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 Croatia transportation question.
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 20 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 2017 Easter in Italy
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 25 Suggested Italy Itinerary
Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!