We want to take my parents to see the Christmas markets in Germany and Austria in Dec 2016. We (husband and I) have lived in NY, but currently live in Singapore with our 2 kids - 7 and 4. My parents live in Mumbai, India where there is no "real" winter per se.
I understand it will be very cold in Dec in Germany and Austria and I am struggling to decide if this trip will be a good idea. The kids have been to Germany in late Oct - so far, that is the coldest weather they have experienced.
Christmas markets being the key thing in our agenda, I expect that we will be out and about in the cold in the evenings. Any experiences from anyone who lives in warm weather with a trip like this will help me a great deal in making this decision.
Please let me know your thoughts and share your experience!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@ printer Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech c*Are 22/7
- 2 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 3 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 4 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 5 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 6 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 7 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 8 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 12 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 13 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 14 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 15 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 16 Hiking in Switzerland
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 19 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!