We want to take my parents to see the Christmas markets in Germany and Austria in Dec 2016. We (husband and I) have lived in NY, but currently live in Singapore with our 2 kids - 7 and 4. My parents live in Mumbai, India where there is no "real" winter per se.
I understand it will be very cold in Dec in Germany and Austria and I am struggling to decide if this trip will be a good idea. The kids have been to Germany in late Oct - so far, that is the coldest weather they have experienced.
Christmas markets being the key thing in our agenda, I expect that we will be out and about in the cold in the evenings. Any experiences from anyone who lives in warm weather with a trip like this will help me a great deal in making this decision.
Please let me know your thoughts and share your experience!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 3 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 4 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 5 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 6 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 7 help with Italy itinerary
- 8 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 9 Capri in July
- 10 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 11 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 12 Venice
- 13 London 2For1 question
- 14 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 15 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 16 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 18 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Porto and vicinity
- 21 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 22 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 23 Norway fjord
- 24 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 25 7 days in Greece
Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!