Our family is planning a trip for Summer, 2013, for about 2 weeks in late July/early August. We have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and we are now leaning towards travelling to Germany and adding on another country.
What we are considerings are two itineraries:
1) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, and then drive to Belgium and see Antwerp and Gent, before returning to Dusseldorf to fly home.
2) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, then travel east by car to Berlin and also take a trip by train to Prague for a few days, before returning to Berlin to fly home.
Which of these itineraries would you recommend? Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Normandy - driving trip
- 2 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 3 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 6 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 7 sim card
- 8 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 9 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 10 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 11 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 12 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 13 European Championship
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 16 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 17 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 20 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 21 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 22 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 23 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 24 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 25 1 week in Cornwall, England