Our family is planning a trip for Summer, 2013, for about 2 weeks in late July/early August. We have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and we are now leaning towards travelling to Germany and adding on another country.
What we are considerings are two itineraries:
1) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, and then drive to Belgium and see Antwerp and Gent, before returning to Dusseldorf to fly home.
2) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, then travel east by car to Berlin and also take a trip by train to Prague for a few days, before returning to Berlin to fly home.
Which of these itineraries would you recommend? Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin -clubs
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 Berlin
- 5 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 8 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 9 base in brussels
- 10 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 22 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 23 Alitala
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 celticmoon, a quick question