Our family is planning a trip for Summer, 2013, for about 2 weeks in late July/early August. We have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and we are now leaning towards travelling to Germany and adding on another country.
What we are considerings are two itineraries:
1) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, and then drive to Belgium and see Antwerp and Gent, before returning to Dusseldorf to fly home.
2) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, then travel east by car to Berlin and also take a trip by train to Prague for a few days, before returning to Berlin to fly home.
Which of these itineraries would you recommend? Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 2 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Golfing in Ireland
- 7 Day trips from Seville
- 8 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 9 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 10 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 11 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 12 Foie gras, redux
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 15 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 16 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 17 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 21 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace