Our family is planning a trip for Summer, 2013, for about 2 weeks in late July/early August. We have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and we are now leaning towards travelling to Germany and adding on another country.
What we are considerings are two itineraries:
1) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, and then drive to Belgium and see Antwerp and Gent, before returning to Dusseldorf to fly home.
2) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, then travel east by car to Berlin and also take a trip by train to Prague for a few days, before returning to Berlin to fly home.
Which of these itineraries would you recommend? Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm in a funk
- 2 Shuttle Bus in Madrid
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 5 Mama Mia Italy!
- 6 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 7 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 8 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 9 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 10 Bike touring in France
- 11 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 12 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 13 Germany Visa for conference
- 14 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 15 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 16 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 17 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 18 travel to western Europe from India
- 19 I went to Paris in June
- 20 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 21 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 22 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 25 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!