Our family is planning a trip for Summer, 2013, for about 2 weeks in late July/early August. We have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and we are now leaning towards travelling to Germany and adding on another country.
What we are considerings are two itineraries:
1) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, and then drive to Belgium and see Antwerp and Gent, before returning to Dusseldorf to fly home.
2) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, then travel east by car to Berlin and also take a trip by train to Prague for a few days, before returning to Berlin to fly home.
Which of these itineraries would you recommend? Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 2 20 days in Germany
- 3 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 5 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 6 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 7 Nice or Marseille??
- 8 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 9 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 South of France November Trip Report
- 14 Dresden or Leipzig
- 15 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 22 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 23 Moving to Belfast
- 24 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 25 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11