Our family is planning a trip for Summer, 2013, for about 2 weeks in late July/early August. We have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and we are now leaning towards travelling to Germany and adding on another country.
What we are considerings are two itineraries:
1) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, and then drive to Belgium and see Antwerp and Gent, before returning to Dusseldorf to fly home.
2) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, then travel east by car to Berlin and also take a trip by train to Prague for a few days, before returning to Berlin to fly home.
Which of these itineraries would you recommend? Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 2 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 3 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 6 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 7 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 8 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 9 Story of the German Christmas star
- 10 French Basque region
- 11 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 18 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 19 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 American Express
- 22 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 23 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 24 Help with European vacation plan
- 25 Our October trip to Andalucia!