Our family is planning a trip for Summer, 2013, for about 2 weeks in late July/early August. We have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and we are now leaning towards travelling to Germany and adding on another country.
What we are considerings are two itineraries:
1) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, and then drive to Belgium and see Antwerp and Gent, before returning to Dusseldorf to fly home.
2) To fly to Dusseldorf, see Colone and Bonn, then travel east by car to Berlin and also take a trip by train to Prague for a few days, before returning to Berlin to fly home.
Which of these itineraries would you recommend? Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Armagh?
- 2 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 3 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 7 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 8 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 9 England and Scotland
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 16 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 17 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 20 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio