My boyfriend and I are going to Heidelberg to visit his grandma, and we wanted to do another European country while we are there (12 days total in Europe). We don't want to do the typical Barcelona or Paris as we have both already been there... we wanted something different and not so flooded with tourism. Perhaps northern Italy or Crotia or Greece? Any suggestions of a non tourist area that would be beautiful and romantic and also easily accessible by rail or car back to Germany?
Germany and... surprise me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 2 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 3 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 4 Scotland
- 5 itinerary help
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 8 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 9 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 12 Estonia Amber
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 15 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 16 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 17 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 20 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 21 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 25 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!