Although I have ridden trains in Austria, France, Italy and Switzerland, I have not ridden trains in Germany.
On some of the long distance trains in Germany, for example, the 3-hr ICE train from Frankfurt to Munich, is making seats reservation recommended in order to make sure I'll have seats on a particular train? If yes, then are there seats reservation fees charged to German Rail Pass holder?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 4 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 11 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 17 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Dijon in December!
- 20 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 25 6-7 Days in France