Although I have ridden trains in Austria, France, Italy and Switzerland, I have not ridden trains in Germany.
On some of the long distance trains in Germany, for example, the 3-hr ICE train from Frankfurt to Munich, is making seats reservation recommended in order to make sure I'll have seats on a particular train? If yes, then are there seats reservation fees charged to German Rail Pass holder?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 3 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 7 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 12 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 13 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 14 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 15 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 16 Athens Help
- 17 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 18 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 19 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Lille Braderie 2017
- 21 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 22 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 23 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014