I planning the following trip:
Flying in from India - Return trip via Prague.
I want to use German rail pass + extension for the trips below:
Aug 10th Prague to Munich
Aug 11th Munich to Venice
Aug 13th Venice to Salzburg
Aug 18th Frankfurt to Prague
Pls help me with the above questions:
1. Is the German rail pass with extension good enough for the above?
2. Can I buy the passes at Prague train station? Will the price be same as online? I do not have time to get it shipped to my home address.
3. Am I allowed to travel in CNL (for Munich to Venice)
4. For the CNL I have not made any reservations yet. Can I expect after I get my pass on 10th I will be make a reservation for a sleeper on the CNL to and fro Venice? Or is it too crowded generally?
5. Does an overnight travel count as one day trip for the pass - in other words can i do the above with 4 days travel pass?
6. For sleeper/ seat reservations how much extra does it cost? Is this dependent on whether I get booking Couchette/ double cabin sleeper / single cabin sleeper / deluxe cabins?
Thanks for answering!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 B&B in Ireland
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 6 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 7 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 8 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 9 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 10 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 11 Alitala
- 12 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 15 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 16 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 20 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 21 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 22 Europe First Timers
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece