I'm an American and have been living in Germany since 2008; last year, I got a German driver's license. This spring, I'll be in the US on vacation and will be driving.
I've seen many posts and recommendations that discuss how necessary/unnecessary it is to get an American driver's license translated when driving in Italy or France. Well, the chances that a French/Italian policeperson or rental agent will be able to read English is far, far better than the chances that an American officer or agent will be able to read German.
So, should I consider getting the German license translated into English? If so, who does it? ADAC?
I'm posting in the Europe Forum because I know there are German residents who post here frequently, and I'm not sure they will see this if I post it in the US Forum. So, for those who have used a German license in the US, how did it work?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 2 아시안바카라＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인바카라주소˙바카라카지노사이트
- 3 엘로우게임＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노추천㏘카지노바카라사이트
- 4 아시아바카라＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온카지노、인터넷카지노추천
- 5 바카라테이블＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼라이브카지노⊂카지노바카라사이트
- 6 무료알라딘 ▶ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 9 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 12 Campervan in Croatia
- 13 advance tickets?
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 16 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 17 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 18 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 19 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 22 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 23 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 24 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 25 Cell Phone Question