Since we're going to a wedding in England the last weekend of October, we decided to add on 10 days in Italy, our favorite travel destination. We'll be flying into Milan and traveling by train. Since days will be short and possibly rainy, instead of doing daytrips from Bologna, I'm thinking of staying in several towns that we haven't visited yet. Some possibilities are Genoa, Modena, Ferrara and Mantova. Genoa is somewhat out of the way but seems to have great food and interesting activities. My only concern is that its charms may be obscured in the dark days of November. Any comments or suggestions?
Genoa in November?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 2 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 3 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 4 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 5 Madrid and London
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Prague flea markets
- 8 Tipping in Greece
- 9 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 10 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 11 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 12 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 13 Timing a river cruise
- 14 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 15 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 16 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 flea markets in France
- 20 I need a haircut
- 21 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 22 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 23 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 24 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 25 Madrid apartments