Since we're going to a wedding in England the last weekend of October, we decided to add on 10 days in Italy, our favorite travel destination. We'll be flying into Milan and traveling by train. Since days will be short and possibly rainy, instead of doing daytrips from Bologna, I'm thinking of staying in several towns that we haven't visited yet. Some possibilities are Genoa, Modena, Ferrara and Mantova. Genoa is somewhat out of the way but seems to have great food and interesting activities. My only concern is that its charms may be obscured in the dark days of November. Any comments or suggestions?
Genoa in November?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 2 Eastern Europe
- 3 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 4 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 5 Switzerland help...?
- 6 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 7 Airport ATMs
- 8 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 9 London to Paris by train
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 First time to Switzerland
- 12 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 13 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 4 weeks in the UK
- 18 Granada
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 21 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 24 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers