My husband and I will be travelling to Switzerland mid-July this year. We are flying in to Geneva on a Monday and flying out of Zurich the following Monday, so we are looking to create an itinerary for a route between the two cities.
Our initial thought was to rent a car and drive up, but from reading other posts, it seems like the train might be a better/easier option? Are cars able to drive in the same areas as the train goes to...meaning, would we see less if we were driving?
The main places we're looking at stopping at are Lausanne, Bern, Interlaken...any advice on how many days/nights to spend in each area? Also, sights worth seeing/other places worth visiting? We have heard so much about the beauty of the landscape there, and are open to walks/light hikes/scenic routes.
Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care*
- 2 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 3 Sicily: which coast?
- 4 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 8 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 Now to Madrid
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 3 days solo in London
- 13 Chania
- 14 Edinbrugh
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Hotels in Turin
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 19 Studying art in English in venice
- 20 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 21 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 22 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 23 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 24 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!