My husband and I will be travelling to Switzerland mid-July this year. We are flying in to Geneva on a Monday and flying out of Zurich the following Monday, so we are looking to create an itinerary for a route between the two cities.
Our initial thought was to rent a car and drive up, but from reading other posts, it seems like the train might be a better/easier option? Are cars able to drive in the same areas as the train goes to...meaning, would we see less if we were driving?
The main places we're looking at stopping at are Lausanne, Bern, Interlaken...any advice on how many days/nights to spend in each area? Also, sights worth seeing/other places worth visiting? We have heard so much about the beauty of the landscape there, and are open to walks/light hikes/scenic routes.
Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 2 メ선릉안마メ『선릉안마방』メ선릉역안마o1o-2816-2526『아이패드CHOICE』윤실장A
- 3 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Towersey, London
- 6 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 Biarritz family holiday
- 12 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 13 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 14 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Ireland in April
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 21 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 22 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 25 If you had to choose one......