My husband and I will be travelling to Switzerland mid-July this year. We are flying in to Geneva on a Monday and flying out of Zurich the following Monday, so we are looking to create an itinerary for a route between the two cities.
Our initial thought was to rent a car and drive up, but from reading other posts, it seems like the train might be a better/easier option? Are cars able to drive in the same areas as the train goes to...meaning, would we see less if we were driving?
The main places we're looking at stopping at are Lausanne, Bern, Interlaken...any advice on how many days/nights to spend in each area? Also, sights worth seeing/other places worth visiting? We have heard so much about the beauty of the landscape there, and are open to walks/light hikes/scenic routes.
Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 Trip suggestion
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 8 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 9 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 18 Spain in July
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Petrol in Greece
- 25 We're here!