We will be in Geneva for just 1 day and part of a second day, arriving around 10 am via train from Nuechatel, and flying to London at 3:50pm the next day.
We have never been to Geneva before and welcome any suggestions/advice.
We are staying at Hotel Tiffany which in a short walk from the Lake in the old town.
How do you suggest we get to the hotel from the rail station?
And the next day, how should we get to the airport, taxi, shuttle or?
And what time should we leave the hotel to get to airport with enough time of our 3:50 flight to London?
Any suggestions on what to see/do-besides walk in the old town and see the lake.
Would Chateau Chillon or Gruyere for fondu or Broc for Chocolate, be on your list?
Our stay is Nov 9th and 10th...I think from my research the scenic trains would probably be out due to weather, as a boat ride on the lake? Any thoughts on that?
any recommended restaurants for fondu in Geneva?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Use of Train Tickets
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 4 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 5 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 6 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 9 First Trip to Paris
- 10 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 11 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 12 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 13 Driving in Italy
- 14 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 15 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 16 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 17 US foods not available in the UK
- 18 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 19 Amsterdam and...?
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Whistle stop family road trip
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris