We will be in Geneva for just 1 day and part of a second day, arriving around 10 am via train from Nuechatel, and flying to London at 3:50pm the next day.
We have never been to Geneva before and welcome any suggestions/advice.
We are staying at Hotel Tiffany which in a short walk from the Lake in the old town.
How do you suggest we get to the hotel from the rail station?
And the next day, how should we get to the airport, taxi, shuttle or?
And what time should we leave the hotel to get to airport with enough time of our 3:50 flight to London?
Any suggestions on what to see/do-besides walk in the old town and see the lake.
Would Chateau Chillon or Gruyere for fondu or Broc for Chocolate, be on your list?
Our stay is Nov 9th and 10th...I think from my research the scenic trains would probably be out due to weather, as a boat ride on the lake? Any thoughts on that?
any recommended restaurants for fondu in Geneva?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 K-Day
- 3 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 4 UK Visa Help
- 5 Cell Phone Question
- 6 Skye to Edinburgh
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 advance tickets?
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 20 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 21 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 22 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 25 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?