I am limited to the above four cities in Switzerland for a 2 day-in-total trip (half day--full day--half day, travel excluded). Many have recommended that I go to the mountains instead of spending time in the city, but I'm not sure which of the above cities would be the best place to fly into and then straightaway take a bus/train to a mountainey place? I am quite limited to a backpacker's budget, and my interests are mostly in wandering old cobbled streets, views of mountains and enjoying the foreign experience. Not interested in food or museums so much. A big castle to visit would be nice.
Any suggestions? I speak French and passable Italian, so have been looking at day trips mainly from Geneva e.g. to Guyeres, but am open to any suggestion!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 2 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Hotel in Vienna
- 5 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 Tour groups
- 10 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 14 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 17 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 18 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 19 Baby Milk
- 20 French restaurants
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 23 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto