I'm thinking about renting a motorhome for the last week of May for 8 nights. The plan is to do the ring road and spend as much time after that in Reykjavik. Anyone have an experience with a moterhome in Iceland? Will this time of year present any problems in driving one of these around the ring road? Is 8 days enough time to see some of the city as well as do the ring road? Is parking in Reykjavik going to be difficult with a motorhome?
I see two companies with around the same price. One is mcrent (mcrent.eu) and the other is motorhomeiceland.com
Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I think I'd rather do motorhome Iceland but I can literally find zero reviews online (perhaps due to the not very unique name).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 6 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Juangfrau / mt
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
General Motorhome advice for May and which company to use?