I'm thinking about renting a motorhome for the last week of May for 8 nights. The plan is to do the ring road and spend as much time after that in Reykjavik. Anyone have an experience with a moterhome in Iceland? Will this time of year present any problems in driving one of these around the ring road? Is 8 days enough time to see some of the city as well as do the ring road? Is parking in Reykjavik going to be difficult with a motorhome?
I see two companies with around the same price. One is mcrent (mcrent.eu) and the other is motorhomeiceland.com
Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I think I'd rather do motorhome Iceland but I can literally find zero reviews online (perhaps due to the not very unique name).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 advance tickets?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 4 Greek Islands (small)
- 5 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 6 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Public Transportation in England
- 10 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 11 K-Day
- 12 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 17 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 18 Spain in December
- 19 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
General Motorhome advice for May and which company to use?