I've been wrestling with this (delightful!) problem for a few days, and I think I may be stuck in a rut. I can't think my way out of it.
The (delightful) problem: I have a trip planned in Paris in November, and I live in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. I want to arrive in Paris no later than noon; since there are no longer any overnight trains from Munich to Paris, and since I've wanted to see Brugge for a few years, I thought I'd go there for a few nights before Paris. Then, it's just a 3h trip from Brugge to Paris.
I'll be returning from Paris to Garmisch by train, with a friend.
The train trip from Garmisch to Brugge takes 10h30, arriving around 19.30. Would cost around 100€, first class. I really would like to arrive earlier in the day since I've only given myself 2 nights there.
Flying one-way from Munich to Brussels will cost around 600€, or take several changes of planes and get me into Brugge around 20.00.
Night train from Munich to Amsterdam (about 270€ for a private sleeper, then 4h train to Brugge, about 80€). Love night trains, and it would get me into Brugge by noon. But it seems an extravagant and convoluted solution.
I'm thinking the two best solutions are 1) the night train to Amsterdam + onward train (total cost around 300€) or 2) the 10h30 day train + another night in Brugge (total cost would then be 200€).
Any thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 3 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 4 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 5 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 6 Private Guide in Lyon
- 7 Norwegian Air?
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 11 London Theater
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 UK in May and June
- 16 Poland to Austria In December
- 17 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 18 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 19 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 22 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 23 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 24 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 25 Shorts in South of France?