I've been wrestling with this (delightful!) problem for a few days, and I think I may be stuck in a rut. I can't think my way out of it.
The (delightful) problem: I have a trip planned in Paris in November, and I live in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. I want to arrive in Paris no later than noon; since there are no longer any overnight trains from Munich to Paris, and since I've wanted to see Brugge for a few years, I thought I'd go there for a few nights before Paris. Then, it's just a 3h trip from Brugge to Paris.
I'll be returning from Paris to Garmisch by train, with a friend.
The train trip from Garmisch to Brugge takes 10h30, arriving around 19.30. Would cost around 100€, first class. I really would like to arrive earlier in the day since I've only given myself 2 nights there.
Flying one-way from Munich to Brussels will cost around 600€, or take several changes of planes and get me into Brugge around 20.00.
Night train from Munich to Amsterdam (about 270€ for a private sleeper, then 4h train to Brugge, about 80€). Love night trains, and it would get me into Brugge by noon. But it seems an extravagant and convoluted solution.
I'm thinking the two best solutions are 1) the night train to Amsterdam + onward train (total cost around 300€) or 2) the 10h30 day train + another night in Brugge (total cost would then be 200€).
Any thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 comcast@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 6 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland