I've been wrestling with this (delightful!) problem for a few days, and I think I may be stuck in a rut. I can't think my way out of it.
The (delightful) problem: I have a trip planned in Paris in November, and I live in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. I want to arrive in Paris no later than noon; since there are no longer any overnight trains from Munich to Paris, and since I've wanted to see Brugge for a few years, I thought I'd go there for a few nights before Paris. Then, it's just a 3h trip from Brugge to Paris.
I'll be returning from Paris to Garmisch by train, with a friend.
The train trip from Garmisch to Brugge takes 10h30, arriving around 19.30. Would cost around 100€, first class. I really would like to arrive earlier in the day since I've only given myself 2 nights there.
Flying one-way from Munich to Brussels will cost around 600€, or take several changes of planes and get me into Brugge around 20.00.
Night train from Munich to Amsterdam (about 270€ for a private sleeper, then 4h train to Brugge, about 80€). Love night trains, and it would get me into Brugge by noon. But it seems an extravagant and convoluted solution.
I'm thinking the two best solutions are 1) the night train to Amsterdam + onward train (total cost around 300€) or 2) the 10h30 day train + another night in Brugge (total cost would then be 200€).
Any thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Cutback on Spain trip
- 4 where to stay in London?
- 5 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 6 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 7 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 8 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 9 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 10 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 11 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 12 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 15 driving from ancona to rome
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 Croatia transportation question.
- 18 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 19 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 22 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 23 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 24 2017 Easter in Italy
- 25 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please