I've been wrestling with this (delightful!) problem for a few days, and I think I may be stuck in a rut. I can't think my way out of it.
The (delightful) problem: I have a trip planned in Paris in November, and I live in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. I want to arrive in Paris no later than noon; since there are no longer any overnight trains from Munich to Paris, and since I've wanted to see Brugge for a few years, I thought I'd go there for a few nights before Paris. Then, it's just a 3h trip from Brugge to Paris.
I'll be returning from Paris to Garmisch by train, with a friend.
The train trip from Garmisch to Brugge takes 10h30, arriving around 19.30. Would cost around 100€, first class. I really would like to arrive earlier in the day since I've only given myself 2 nights there.
Flying one-way from Munich to Brussels will cost around 600€, or take several changes of planes and get me into Brugge around 20.00.
Night train from Munich to Amsterdam (about 270€ for a private sleeper, then 4h train to Brugge, about 80€). Love night trains, and it would get me into Brugge by noon. But it seems an extravagant and convoluted solution.
I'm thinking the two best solutions are 1) the night train to Amsterdam + onward train (total cost around 300€) or 2) the 10h30 day train + another night in Brugge (total cost would then be 200€).
Any thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 2 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 3 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 4 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 7 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 10 Capri in July
- 11 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 12 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 13 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 14 help with Italy itinerary
- 15 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 16 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 17 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 20 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 21 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 22 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 23 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 24 Barcelona with baby
- 25 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum