I'm leaning toward renting a car for the Dordogne portion of my trip next June. I've never driven in Europe, but folks here claim the Dordogne is easy driving.
I want to buy a GPS ahead of time to get familiar with it, and also program it with addresses before the trip.
Some here have stated that Tom Tom is more prevalent in Europe and the maps more accurate; others swear by Garmin. Garmin gets much better reviews on Amazon.
What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 2 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Itinerary Help
- 5 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 6 House Hunting in France
- 7 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 10 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 11 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 12 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 13 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 23 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 Croatia