I'm leaning toward renting a car for the Dordogne portion of my trip next June. I've never driven in Europe, but folks here claim the Dordogne is easy driving.
I want to buy a GPS ahead of time to get familiar with it, and also program it with addresses before the trip.
Some here have stated that Tom Tom is more prevalent in Europe and the maps more accurate; others swear by Garmin. Garmin gets much better reviews on Amazon.
What do you think?
Garmin or Tom Tom?
- 1 Visiting Greece in the fall.
- 2 Driving through Europe
- 3 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 4 Am I too fat too travel?
- 5 Fethiye Turkey to Rhodes Greece Ferry
- 6 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 7 Limousine Service
- 8 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 9 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 10 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 11 Getting the best our of Europe
- 12 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 13 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 14 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 15 What to Give to Host Family
- 16 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 17 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 18 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 19 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 20 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 21 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 22 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 23 Palio Parking
- 24 Oxford to Rye
- 25 Alacazar in Sevilla