I will be taking a trip to Europe this summer, and I just need some advice on a driving route. I will be in Fussen, Germany, and I want to drive to Venice, Italy. I have looked at possible routes, and I have been looking at mainly three (but I am open to any suggestions). The first is just a straight shot down through Innsbruck, through Verona, and then over to Venice. The second is driving over to Salzburg and then down through Udine, and then over to Venice. The third is going over to Lake Constance, and then driving down through Switzerland, and through Como, Milan, Verona, and then to Venice. What I am looking for is the most scenic route. Time is not an issue, but I would like to keep driving times to under 9 hours. I will not be making the drive in one day, so if you have any suggestions as to cool places to stop, those would be great. Like I said, I am open to any suggestions, and what I am looking for is the best scenery. I have heard that Lake Constance, and Lake Como are really beautiful. I have heard that Salzburg is a really cool city. Also I know that they way through Innsbruck will take you close to the Dolomites, and I have heard that those too are really beautiful. Any input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading your suggestions! Thank you
Fussed to Venice: Best route?
- 1 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 2 This is a great book if you are visiting Venice
- 3 Berlin Hotels
- 4 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 5 Tennyson Home
- 6 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 7 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 8 Istanbul Hotels
- 9 Where to stay in London in July
- 10 Backpacking through Europe
- 11 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 12 CORFU --Best way to spend one full day
- 13 Scotland car rental advice
- 14 florence hotel
- 15 Connection in Newark EWR
- 16 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 17 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 18 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 19 First Trip to Europe - 12 days for Amsterdam and Germany
- 20 Need input: Port of Civitavecchia to Rome
- 21 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 22 What is the best food in France?
- 23 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 24 Venice - getting to see inside the Arsenale.
- 25 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week