I will be taking a trip to Europe this summer, and I just need some advice on a driving route. I will be in Fussen, Germany, and I want to drive to Venice, Italy. I have looked at possible routes, and I have been looking at mainly three (but I am open to any suggestions). The first is just a straight shot down through Innsbruck, through Verona, and then over to Venice. The second is driving over to Salzburg and then down through Udine, and then over to Venice. The third is going over to Lake Constance, and then driving down through Switzerland, and through Como, Milan, Verona, and then to Venice. What I am looking for is the most scenic route. Time is not an issue, but I would like to keep driving times to under 9 hours. I will not be making the drive in one day, so if you have any suggestions as to cool places to stop, those would be great. Like I said, I am open to any suggestions, and what I am looking for is the best scenery. I have heard that Lake Constance, and Lake Como are really beautiful. I have heard that Salzburg is a really cool city. Also I know that they way through Innsbruck will take you close to the Dolomites, and I have heard that those too are really beautiful. Any input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading your suggestions! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 3 One July night in Verona - help!
- 4 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 5 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 6 Couscous
- 7 16 days in France and Italy
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 13 Scotland - We're Here!
- 14 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 15 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 16 Paris for children
- 17 European Vacation 2017
- 18 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 19 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 20 Naples + Walking Tour
- 21 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 22 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 23 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 24 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 25 London in September