I will be taking a trip to Europe this summer, and I just need some advice on a driving route. I will be in Fussen, Germany, and I want to drive to Venice, Italy. I have looked at possible routes, and I have been looking at mainly three (but I am open to any suggestions). The first is just a straight shot down through Innsbruck, through Verona, and then over to Venice. The second is driving over to Salzburg and then down through Udine, and then over to Venice. The third is going over to Lake Constance, and then driving down through Switzerland, and through Como, Milan, Verona, and then to Venice. What I am looking for is the most scenic route. Time is not an issue, but I would like to keep driving times to under 9 hours. I will not be making the drive in one day, so if you have any suggestions as to cool places to stop, those would be great. Like I said, I am open to any suggestions, and what I am looking for is the best scenery. I have heard that Lake Constance, and Lake Como are really beautiful. I have heard that Salzburg is a really cool city. Also I know that they way through Innsbruck will take you close to the Dolomites, and I have heard that those too are really beautiful. Any input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading your suggestions! Thank you
Fussed to Venice: Best route?
- 1 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 2 Prague Itinerary
- 3 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 4 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 5 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 6 London at Xmas
- 7 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 8 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 9 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 10 Car rental Italy
- 11 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 12 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 13 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 14 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 15 Northern Italy
- 16 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 17 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 18 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 19 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 20 Best area for wine and which one?
- 21 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 22 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 23 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 24 Pre-paid SIM card at Munich Airport
- 25 Bellevue House in Florence Contact ?