I will be taking a trip to Europe this summer, and I just need some advice on a driving route. I will be in Fussen, Germany, and I want to drive to Venice, Italy. I have looked at possible routes, and I have been looking at mainly three (but I am open to any suggestions). The first is just a straight shot down through Innsbruck, through Verona, and then over to Venice. The second is driving over to Salzburg and then down through Udine, and then over to Venice. The third is going over to Lake Constance, and then driving down through Switzerland, and through Como, Milan, Verona, and then to Venice. What I am looking for is the most scenic route. Time is not an issue, but I would like to keep driving times to under 9 hours. I will not be making the drive in one day, so if you have any suggestions as to cool places to stop, those would be great. Like I said, I am open to any suggestions, and what I am looking for is the best scenery. I have heard that Lake Constance, and Lake Como are really beautiful. I have heard that Salzburg is a really cool city. Also I know that they way through Innsbruck will take you close to the Dolomites, and I have heard that those too are really beautiful. Any input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading your suggestions! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 3 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 4 Les Invalides Night Show
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 10 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 11 Best Greek Island
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 Which Day?
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Shorts in South of France?
- 16 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 17 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 18 Corsica and Sardinia
- 19 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 20 Regarding Residence Permit
- 21 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 22 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 23 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 24 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 25 Kroller-Muller Museum