I will be taking a trip to Europe this summer, and I just need some advice on a driving route. I will be in Fussen, Germany, and I want to drive to Venice, Italy. I have looked at possible routes, and I have been looking at mainly three (but I am open to any suggestions). The first is just a straight shot down through Innsbruck, through Verona, and then over to Venice. The second is driving over to Salzburg and then down through Udine, and then over to Venice. The third is going over to Lake Constance, and then driving down through Switzerland, and through Como, Milan, Verona, and then to Venice. What I am looking for is the most scenic route. Time is not an issue, but I would like to keep driving times to under 9 hours. I will not be making the drive in one day, so if you have any suggestions as to cool places to stop, those would be great. Like I said, I am open to any suggestions, and what I am looking for is the best scenery. I have heard that Lake Constance, and Lake Como are really beautiful. I have heard that Salzburg is a really cool city. Also I know that they way through Innsbruck will take you close to the Dolomites, and I have heard that those too are really beautiful. Any input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading your suggestions! Thank you
Fussed to Venice: Best route?
- 1 Public transport from Ostuni
- 2 Spain Travel
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 5 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 12 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 13 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 14 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 15 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 16 A full week in The Netherlands
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 23 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 24 Lake como
- 25 Sagrada Familia - which tower?