I will be taking a trip to Europe this summer, and I just need some advice on a driving route. I will be in Fussen, Germany, and I want to drive to Venice, Italy. I have looked at possible routes, and I have been looking at mainly three (but I am open to any suggestions). The first is just a straight shot down through Innsbruck, through Verona, and then over to Venice. The second is driving over to Salzburg and then down through Udine, and then over to Venice. The third is going over to Lake Constance, and then driving down through Switzerland, and through Como, Milan, Verona, and then to Venice. What I am looking for is the most scenic route. Time is not an issue, but I would like to keep driving times to under 9 hours. I will not be making the drive in one day, so if you have any suggestions as to cool places to stop, those would be great. Like I said, I am open to any suggestions, and what I am looking for is the best scenery. I have heard that Lake Constance, and Lake Como are really beautiful. I have heard that Salzburg is a really cool city. Also I know that they way through Innsbruck will take you close to the Dolomites, and I have heard that those too are really beautiful. Any input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading your suggestions! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 2 Europe in late January
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 6 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 7 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 8 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 11 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 12 Paris---baguette question???
- 13 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 14 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 15 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 16 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 17 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 18 Scenic Driving Routes
- 19 Vienna to Bratislava
- 20 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 21 1 way ticket
- 22 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 23 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 24 Visiting Spain in January
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia