Hi everyone, in looking at flights from New York to Greece there are some options with full one-day layovers in Frankfurt, Berlin or Dusseldorf (getting into each city before 9am on Friday and departing at around 6am on Saturday). Since I've never been to any of the cities I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity for a free (although very short) visit. Any thoughts on which city is the most manageable in a single day? I'm more into architecture and roaming around than visiting museums and galleries. Thanks for your suggestions.
Full one-day layover: Frankfurt, Berlin or Dusseldorf?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Lakes gardens
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 TGV and Provence questions
- 10 Novels set in Greece
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Rome Accommodation
- 22 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 23 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 24 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?