Hi everyone, in looking at flights from New York to Greece there are some options with full one-day layovers in Frankfurt, Berlin or Dusseldorf (getting into each city before 9am on Friday and departing at around 6am on Saturday). Since I've never been to any of the cities I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity for a free (although very short) visit. Any thoughts on which city is the most manageable in a single day? I'm more into architecture and roaming around than visiting museums and galleries. Thanks for your suggestions.
Full one-day layover: Frankfurt, Berlin or Dusseldorf?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice; recommendations
- 2 Museum Pass
- 3 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 4 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 5 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 6 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 7 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 8 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 9 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 10 France in October
- 11 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 12 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 13 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 14 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 15 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 18 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 19 Tipping in the UK
- 20 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 21 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 22 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 23 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 24 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 25 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4