Hi everyone, in looking at flights from New York to Greece there are some options with full one-day layovers in Frankfurt, Berlin or Dusseldorf (getting into each city before 9am on Friday and departing at around 6am on Saturday). Since I've never been to any of the cities I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity for a free (although very short) visit. Any thoughts on which city is the most manageable in a single day? I'm more into architecture and roaming around than visiting museums and galleries. Thanks for your suggestions.
Full one-day layover: Frankfurt, Berlin or Dusseldorf?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Bus/buses
- 2 Venice, just arrived
- 3 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 4 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 5 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 6 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 10 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 11 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 12 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 15 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 18 Venice - boats on canals
- 19 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 20 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 21 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 22 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 23 Ghent or Paris?
- 24 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 25 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?