In May, my husband and I will have three nights free in between Lucca and Rome. We'd like to spend these 3 nights based in a Tuscan town to visit Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, and see a little bit of the beautiful Orcia Valley scenery. We do not plan to rent a car, we'll depend on buses or trains.
Is Siena a logical choice for home base to day-trip to Pienza and Montepulciano? If not, then where should we base ourselves on?
If we have extra time, in additional to Pienza and Montepulciano, which town would you recommend us to visit from our home base by bus?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina Express mid-March
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 8 where to stay in London?
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Juangfrau / mt
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 23 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 24 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 25 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato