In May, my husband and I will have three nights free in between Lucca and Rome. We'd like to spend these 3 nights based in a Tuscan town to visit Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, and see a little bit of the beautiful Orcia Valley scenery. We do not plan to rent a car, we'll depend on buses or trains.
Is Siena a logical choice for home base to day-trip to Pienza and Montepulciano? If not, then where should we base ourselves on?
If we have extra time, in additional to Pienza and Montepulciano, which town would you recommend us to visit from our home base by bus?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 체리바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 3 Safety in Rome
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 7 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 Apartment Montreux area
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 17 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 18 base in brussels
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam