I'm planning for a trip to Italy & Switzerland in mid October with a family (2 adults & 1 kid). Just posting here to get some feedback on itineraries & advice on rail & public transportations..
We're flying into Rome, and returning from Rome also. For now, getting an open jaw ticket is not really an option as it adds significantly to the travel cost.. we have around 8-9 days for the trip..
Some of the things we hope to see in the itinerary is Rome/Vatican itself, the lakes (Como? Interlaken?), a scenic train ride (Bernina Express?) and also to the snowy mountains (this will be the highlight for our 9-year old, a first snow experience).
I'm yet to draft an itinerary though, will post one when I hve the time & reserch more.. so any feedback are welcome for now!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 4 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 5 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 6 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 7 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 8 Naples, Italy
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 11 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 12 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 Hotel in Vienna
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Where to buy Saffron?
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 20 Tuscany 6 nights
- 21 France & Italy, May or June
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 24 1st time in ZURICH
- 25 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis