I'm planning for a trip to Italy & Switzerland in mid October with a family (2 adults & 1 kid). Just posting here to get some feedback on itineraries & advice on rail & public transportations..
We're flying into Rome, and returning from Rome also. For now, getting an open jaw ticket is not really an option as it adds significantly to the travel cost.. we have around 8-9 days for the trip..
Some of the things we hope to see in the itinerary is Rome/Vatican itself, the lakes (Como? Interlaken?), a scenic train ride (Bernina Express?) and also to the snowy mountains (this will be the highlight for our 9-year old, a first snow experience).
I'm yet to draft an itinerary though, will post one when I hve the time & reserch more.. so any feedback are welcome for now!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 5 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 6 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 7 Versailles
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 14 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Acorn TV
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016