I'm planning for a trip to Italy & Switzerland in mid October with a family (2 adults & 1 kid). Just posting here to get some feedback on itineraries & advice on rail & public transportations..
We're flying into Rome, and returning from Rome also. For now, getting an open jaw ticket is not really an option as it adds significantly to the travel cost.. we have around 8-9 days for the trip..
Some of the things we hope to see in the itinerary is Rome/Vatican itself, the lakes (Como? Interlaken?), a scenic train ride (Bernina Express?) and also to the snowy mountains (this will be the highlight for our 9-year old, a first snow experience).
I'm yet to draft an itinerary though, will post one when I hve the time & reserch more.. so any feedback are welcome for now!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 11 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 12 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 17 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Rouen Tour Companies
- 20 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 21 Andalucia itinerary help
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 24 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 25 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu