I'm planning for a trip to Italy & Switzerland in mid October with a family (2 adults & 1 kid). Just posting here to get some feedback on itineraries & advice on rail & public transportations..
We're flying into Rome, and returning from Rome also. For now, getting an open jaw ticket is not really an option as it adds significantly to the travel cost.. we have around 8-9 days for the trip..
Some of the things we hope to see in the itinerary is Rome/Vatican itself, the lakes (Como? Interlaken?), a scenic train ride (Bernina Express?) and also to the snowy mountains (this will be the highlight for our 9-year old, a first snow experience).
I'm yet to draft an itinerary though, will post one when I hve the time & reserch more.. so any feedback are welcome for now!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 25 Hotels in Turin