I'm planning for a trip to Italy & Switzerland in mid October with a family (2 adults & 1 kid). Just posting here to get some feedback on itineraries & advice on rail & public transportations..
We're flying into Rome, and returning from Rome also. For now, getting an open jaw ticket is not really an option as it adds significantly to the travel cost.. we have around 8-9 days for the trip..
Some of the things we hope to see in the itinerary is Rome/Vatican itself, the lakes (Como? Interlaken?), a scenic train ride (Bernina Express?) and also to the snowy mountains (this will be the highlight for our 9-year old, a first snow experience).
I'm yet to draft an itinerary though, will post one when I hve the time & reserch more.. so any feedback are welcome for now!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune France
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?