This summer I would like to fly into Rome, Italy and sightsee for three days, then take a train to Venice. After staying in Venice for one day and night, I would like to take a day train through the eastern Alps to Salzburg or Innsbruk. After two days there, then take a train to Munich. Visit Munich area for three days and then fly back to US. Can this trip be done in 10 -12 days (two of those days would be flight days)? Are there day trains that travel through Italy and the Eastern Alps? Can anyone suggest an agenda?
From Rome to Munich via Salzburg
- 1 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 2 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 3 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 4 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 5 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 6 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 7 Looking for info on wine and countryside tour from Rome
- 8 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 Car Rental Locations
- 11 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 12 Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
- 13 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 just want to know
- 15 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 16 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 19 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 20 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 21 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 22 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 23 Istanbul Hotels
- 24 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 25 Florence to nice- help