This summer I would like to fly into Rome, Italy and sightsee for three days, then take a train to Venice. After staying in Venice for one day and night, I would like to take a day train through the eastern Alps to Salzburg or Innsbruk. After two days there, then take a train to Munich. Visit Munich area for three days and then fly back to US. Can this trip be done in 10 -12 days (two of those days would be flight days)? Are there day trains that travel through Italy and the Eastern Alps? Can anyone suggest an agenda?
From Rome to Munich via Salzburg
View all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 3 Travel by train or bus
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Florence in October
- 10 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 11 Traveling within Italy
- 12 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 13 first european holiday itinery
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 22 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 23 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???