This summer I would like to fly into Rome, Italy and sightsee for three days, then take a train to Venice. After staying in Venice for one day and night, I would like to take a day train through the eastern Alps to Salzburg or Innsbruk. After two days there, then take a train to Munich. Visit Munich area for three days and then fly back to US. Can this trip be done in 10 -12 days (two of those days would be flight days)? Are there day trains that travel through Italy and the Eastern Alps? Can anyone suggest an agenda?
From Rome to Munich via Salzburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which apartment/area in London?
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 4 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 5 Driving in Germany
- 6 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 7 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 8 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 9 Venice - boats on canals
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 11 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 12 Venice, just arrived
- 13 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 14 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 15 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 16 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 17 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 18 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 19 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 20 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 21 Prepaid cell phone, CDG
- 22 Stockholm Trip Report
- 23 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 24 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 25 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!