This summer I would like to fly into Rome, Italy and sightsee for three days, then take a train to Venice. After staying in Venice for one day and night, I would like to take a day train through the eastern Alps to Salzburg or Innsbruk. After two days there, then take a train to Munich. Visit Munich area for three days and then fly back to US. Can this trip be done in 10 -12 days (two of those days would be flight days)? Are there day trains that travel through Italy and the Eastern Alps? Can anyone suggest an agenda?
From Rome to Munich via Salzburg
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 5 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 6 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 7 Europe with young teens
- 8 First time traveler to Ireland
- 9 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 13 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 16 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 17 Prague - must see
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 21 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 22 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 23 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 24 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 25 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip