This summer I would like to fly into Rome, Italy and sightsee for three days, then take a train to Venice. After staying in Venice for one day and night, I would like to take a day train through the eastern Alps to Salzburg or Innsbruk. After two days there, then take a train to Munich. Visit Munich area for three days and then fly back to US. Can this trip be done in 10 -12 days (two of those days would be flight days)? Are there day trains that travel through Italy and the Eastern Alps? Can anyone suggest an agenda?
From Rome to Munich via Salzburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 2 Help with a small island in Greece
- 3 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 4 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 5 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 6 International driving permit required in France?
- 7 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 8 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 9 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 10 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 11 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 12 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 15 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 16 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 17 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 18 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 19 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 20 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 21 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 22 things in Rhonda
- 23 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 24 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 25 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.