We will be flying into Rome then traveling to Amalfi. What is the best way to go? Would not mind using buses but depends on how grueling it would be after a long flight. I was told to take a train from FCO to Termini, then Eurostar to Naples, then taxi to Amalfi (town). I have read on some forums to take the train to Salerno then bus to Amalfi. Would the bus ride provide scenic views? Don't know what to do. Cost estimate for options? Greatly appreciate any advice. Grazie, tutti!
From Rome to Amalfi
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 5 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 6 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 7 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 8 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 9 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 14 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 15 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 16 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 17 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 18 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 19 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 20 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 25 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI