We're going to have a rental car for the Provence portion of our trip. After Provence we go to Barcelona and want to explore the Costa Brava area along the way. If we keep the car we pay an international drop-off fee of approx. $350. Any creative ideas as to how to save this fee or by the time we turn it in on one side, take the train to pick up a car on the other side...is it really worth the hassle? I'd like to hear from Fodorites who have solved this puzzle.
From Provence to Barcelona and in-between...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A guide to Madrid
- 2 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 3 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 4 Potential trip - Balkans
- 5 Scotland and northern England
- 6 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 7 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 8 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 9 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 10 Bus Croatia
- 11 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 12 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 13 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 14 April in Madrid
- 15 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 16 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 17 Renting an apt.
- 18 Economy Class - Lufthansa or Air France
- 19 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 20 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 21 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 22 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 23 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 24 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 25 Ireland itinerary