We're going to have a rental car for the Provence portion of our trip. After Provence we go to Barcelona and want to explore the Costa Brava area along the way. If we keep the car we pay an international drop-off fee of approx. $350. Any creative ideas as to how to save this fee or by the time we turn it in on one side, take the train to pick up a car on the other side...is it really worth the hassle? I'd like to hear from Fodorites who have solved this puzzle.
From Provence to Barcelona and in-between...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Europe in 21 days
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 13 UK for 12 days !
- 14 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 15 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 16 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 17 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 18 London hotel
- 19 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 20 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 21 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 22 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 23 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 24 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 25 Hotel in Venice