We're going to have a rental car for the Provence portion of our trip. After Provence we go to Barcelona and want to explore the Costa Brava area along the way. If we keep the car we pay an international drop-off fee of approx. $350. Any creative ideas as to how to save this fee or by the time we turn it in on one side, take the train to pick up a car on the other side...is it really worth the hassle? I'd like to hear from Fodorites who have solved this puzzle.
From Provence to Barcelona and in-between...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 6 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 7 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 10 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 11 Burgundy in May
- 12 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 15 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 16 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 17 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 20 Bregenz or Lindau
- 21 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 22 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 23 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 24 Winter in Paris
- 25 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report