We're going to have a rental car for the Provence portion of our trip. After Provence we go to Barcelona and want to explore the Costa Brava area along the way. If we keep the car we pay an international drop-off fee of approx. $350. Any creative ideas as to how to save this fee or by the time we turn it in on one side, take the train to pick up a car on the other side...is it really worth the hassle? I'd like to hear from Fodorites who have solved this puzzle.
From Provence to Barcelona and in-between...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 2 Wengen to Torino?
- 3 Transport in Venice
- 4 Prebook B&Bs
- 5 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 6 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 7 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 8 Italy - Month of July
- 9 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 10 England & Scotland in April
- 11 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 12 Rome Areas to stay
- 13 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 14 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 15 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 16 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 17 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 18 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 19 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 20 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 21 Kimhe--flamenco
- 22 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 23 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 24 St Germain
- 25 Lakes District UK