My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 2 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 3 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 4 What clothes?
- 5 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 6 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 7 Advice about Naples?
- 8 tipping
- 9 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 10 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 11 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 12 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 13 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 14 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 15 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 16 Oslo airport to hotel
- 17 Paris and Lyon
- 18 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 19 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 20 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 21 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 22 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 23 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 24 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 25 Hiking in Luberon