My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Eastern Europe - planes, trains, and stamps?
- 2 Paris Picture Overlays
- 3 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 4 SPAIN FOR 2WKS
- 5 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 6 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 7 Greek Islands for Older Couple
- 8 2 Days in Rome
- 9 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 10 Spain 2 weeks itinerary help
- 11 Help with Honeymoon trip Italy
- 12 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 13 Soriano nel Cimino - need some help please!
- 14 Portugal Transportation
- 15 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 16 Toledo or Segovia
- 17 Greece after the Vote
- 18 I hope my worry-wart sister doesn't see this!
- 19 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 20 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 21 Italy sim card for 16 days
- 22 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 23 Kerouac - please say the weather will clear up in Paris
- 24 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 25 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels