My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
From Prague, what is the easiest great place in alps?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian cooking classes
- 2 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 3 Amalfi coast in 4 days starting today, plz advise.
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 5 Small group for Colosseum
- 6 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 7 London visit
- 8 best time to book accommodation
- 9 Useful website for France
- 10 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 13 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 14 SIM card for eastern europe
- 15 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 16 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 17 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 18 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 19 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 20 Monet in Normandy
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 23 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 24 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 25 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons