My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 Going to Paris for one day
- 4 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 5 Valencia Spain
- 6 Rome Water Shortage
- 7 Europe for Beginners
- 8 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 9 Getting around London
- 10 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 13 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 WWI sites
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Visiting Zurich
- 18 Lake Como,Italy
- 19 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 22 13 nights in switzerland
- 23 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 24 Germany-Car or Train
- 25 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal