My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 2 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 3 Where to go in March??
- 4 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 5 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 6 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 7 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 8 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 9 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 12 please revew provence agenda
- 13 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 14 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 15 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 16 Age limitation for car rental
- 17 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 20 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 21 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 22 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 25 When and how to book for a trip?