My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What fresh hell is this?
- 2 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL