My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
From Prague, what is the easiest great place in alps?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 2 Getting cash in Spain
- 3 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 4 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 5 Stay away from EF Tours
- 6 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 7 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 8 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 11 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 12 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 13 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 14 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 15 How long in Venice?
- 16 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 17 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 18 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 19 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 20 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 21 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 24 Italy things to do?
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice