My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
From Prague, what is the easiest great place in alps?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 3 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 4 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 8 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 9 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Hotel in Venice
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 16 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Europe in 21 days
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 22 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 23 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Spain Questions