My friend, husband and 2 college age sons, from the US, want to go somewhere in the Alps from Prague for 5 days. They are very outdoorsy- snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. Sounds like downhill skiiing is not a given but could be an option. We started looking at connections down to Innsbruck, and it looked complicated.
I know that the alps have thousands of options for outdoor activity - but which place could they go that has good/reasonable travel connections from Prague? I think they would like to avoid flying. Another factor is the trip is Dec 26.
After the alps, the parents will go on to Italy, and the boys need to get back to Prague.
Any ideas for the best spot given all these factors?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 2 Changes in security at Schiphol
- 3 Euro Quiz # 106 - Countries Loving McDonalds the Most!
- 4 Tips To Get Schengen Visa For Full 90 Days From Toronto For Indian Citizens
- 5 Another Visit to London
- 6 Southern Europe Trip for New Travelers
- 7 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 8 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 9 Free: Sewing machine and coffee grinder...
- 10 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 11 Help- Advice or experiences traveling with a handicapped person?
- 12 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 14 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 15 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 16 Frankfurt, Germany hotels
- 17 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 18 Athens to Delphi to Meteora to Thessalonki
- 19 Running of the Bulls 2016
- 20 Spanish air controllers strikes in June 2015
- 21 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 22 Rental car in Italy
- 23 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 24 Ideas for 5 Nights in Wengen and 3 nights in Lucerne
- 25 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe