I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance: Tec*h SUPP0RT VERIZON MAIL CONTACT 1:855:999O45 Reset Password
- 2 only AOL mail Technical support 1855-999-8045 aol account helpline
- 3 Spain Itinerary
- 4 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 5 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 7 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 8 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 9 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 10 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 11 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 12 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 13 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 19 Help me make this possible!
- 20 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 21 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 22 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 24 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 25 London is it worth it?