I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
From Positano to Pompeii...bus/train or private driver?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia/Slovenia 2014
- 2 Italian cooking classes
- 3 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 4 Amalfi coast in 4 days starting today, plz advise.
- 5 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 6 Small group for Colosseum
- 7 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 8 London visit
- 9 best time to book accommodation
- 10 Useful website for France
- 11 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 12 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 13 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 14 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 15 SIM card for eastern europe
- 16 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 19 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Monet in Normandy
- 22 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 23 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 24 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!