I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 2 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 3 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 4 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 5 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 6 Valencia, Spain
- 7 Restaurants in Spain
- 8 Which city order makes most sense?
- 9 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 10 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 11 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 12 credit and debit cards
- 13 Transportation Question Italy
- 14 Help with basic itinerary
- 15 Short Trip to Paris
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 17 Greece and Italy Combo
- 18 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 19 Final Four
- 20 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 21 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 22 Where are the Mods?
- 23 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 24 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 25 Visit to Engand