I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 2 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 3 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 4 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 5 European Cooking Secrets
- 6 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 7 Travel vs. Babies
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 Europe in late January
- 10 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 11 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 12 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 15 Travel help
- 16 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 17 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 18 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 19 Two more earthquakes strike central Italy
- 20 CDG much improved
- 21 London tour and theatre ideas
- 22 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 23 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 24 England and Wales by public transport
- 25 Italy's central lakes!