I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
From Positano to Pompeii...bus/train or private driver?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 tour guides in rome
- 5 one last portugal car rental question
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Amsterdam hotel advice
- 8 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 9 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 10 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 11 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 12 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 13 London hotel
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 16 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 17 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 20 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 21 Location of hotel in Rome
- 22 Sicily Suggetions
- 23 Paris in April?
- 24 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 25 North of Spain from Bilbao