I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 2 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 3 need help in our travel plan to Europe
- 4 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 5 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 6 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 7 Trains through Germany
- 8 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 9 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 10 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 11 Do we need a car?
- 12 Advice about Naples?
- 13 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 14 Paris -?- Rome
- 15 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 16 What clothes?
- 17 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 18 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 19 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 20 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 21 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 22 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 23 tipping
- 24 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 25 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights