I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 2 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 5 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 8 3 days solo in London
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 11 Hotels in Turin
- 12 Help on ancient history route
- 13 Chania
- 14 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 15 Now to Madrid
- 16 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 17 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 18 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 19 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 20 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 21 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 22 Sicily: which coast?
- 23 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 stopover between antequerra and granada?