I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 2 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 3 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 4 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 5 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 6 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 7 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 8 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 9 Sicily transportation
- 10 Which Guided Tour ??
- 11 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 12 What Greek islands should I visit
- 13 One quick week -- where in France?
- 14 Brugge or Ghent?
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 17 Train to L'Aquila italy
- 18 Citadines Trafalgar Square
- 19 Local markets in Italy
- 20 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 21 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 22 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 23 Barcelona completely overrated
- 24 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 25 Itinerary Assistance