I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
From Positano to Pompeii...bus/train or private driver?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 2 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 3 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 4 Paris to Rome
- 5 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 6 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 7 Hotel in Venice
- 8 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 9 London tube
- 10 bath or york
- 11 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 12 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 13 Lavender Fields
- 14 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 15 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 16 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 17 Local Tour in Provence?
- 18 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 19 Ste Remy France
- 20 car rental info
- 21 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 22 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 23 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 24 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 25 A drive in Europe