I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 base for Andalucia
- 2 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 3 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 4 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 9 4 nights in Sardinia
- 10 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 11 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 12 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 13 "Too Much Cows"
- 14 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 15 Matera tour guide wanted
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 18 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 21 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 22 Service dog
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 25 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life