I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 5 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Paris Metro
- 8 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 11 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 12 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 13 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 14 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 getting to CDG
- 17 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 18 Cambrils
- 19 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 20 Amalfi Coast help
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 24 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 25 solo guy traveling to europe help please