I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 3 Acropolis Athens
- 4 Interesting places to visit
- 5 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 9 Germany train help!
- 10 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 11 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 12 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 13 Swiss Travel Pass
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 17 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 18 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 19 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 20 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 21 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 22 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 23 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 24 Train help for Prague
- 25 driving from prague to salzburg