I hope that someone out there can help with this question. We will be staying in Positano at the end of a long trip in Italy (leaving next Sunday!), and would like to visit Pompeii (it doesn't work in any other part of the trip). I have contacted a driver service that can take us to Pompeii in 4 hours at 40Euros/ hour. That sounds like a nice way to get there, but expensive. The driver also suggested working in a trip to Ravello on the way back for an additional 3 hours. Is there a better way to get there?
The hotel said that we can take a bus to Sorrento, and then a train to Pompeii. This sounds a bit confusing, but most likely more economical. I am a little concerned that the buses and trains will be absolutely packed and uncomfortable for the 1 1/2 hour trip as well...
Has anyone done this who could help with this decision? Thanks for any input!
From Positano to Pompeii...bus/train or private driver?
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 3 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 4 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 5 Travel by train or bus
- 6 Medieval Tallinn
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 11 Advises for trip to Russia
- 12 Family European winter holiday
- 13 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 14 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 15 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 16 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 17 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 18 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 19 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 23 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 24 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris