We are planning a trip to Porto including an excursion to the Douro valley. We will be renting a car and spending one night in a Quinta. Our first stop will be a winery in Mesao Frio about 20km from Peso da Regua. My question is: What is the best route from Porto to the Douro? Google maps all suggest the N15 which seems very far away from the river and probably considerably faster but not picturesque. Am I correct? Is the alternative route N108 impossibly slow and winding? Can anyone suggest a circular route so we don't have to return the same way?
We will be travelling at the end of January out on Friday morning back Saturday lunchtime so presumably traffic should be ok?
Thank you for any suggestions or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Overnight at Heathrow
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Ronda Wine/biking
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Andalucia itinerary help
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Prague
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 9 days in London
- 25 Where to buy things outside of Munich