We are planning a trip to Porto including an excursion to the Douro valley. We will be renting a car and spending one night in a Quinta. Our first stop will be a winery in Mesao Frio about 20km from Peso da Regua. My question is: What is the best route from Porto to the Douro? Google maps all suggest the N15 which seems very far away from the river and probably considerably faster but not picturesque. Am I correct? Is the alternative route N108 impossibly slow and winding? Can anyone suggest a circular route so we don't have to return the same way?
We will be travelling at the end of January out on Friday morning back Saturday lunchtime so presumably traffic should be ok?
Thank you for any suggestions or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 yahoo@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE*
- 2 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 3 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 4 Spain - day driver advice
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Stuck in Paris
- 7 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 8 Greece
- 9 Ex-pats with young kids
- 10 Iceland france spain
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 Renting a car in Greece
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 21 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 22 Maximizing Norway time
- 23 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 24 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?