We are planning a trip to Porto including an excursion to the Douro valley. We will be renting a car and spending one night in a Quinta. Our first stop will be a winery in Mesao Frio about 20km from Peso da Regua. My question is: What is the best route from Porto to the Douro? Google maps all suggest the N15 which seems very far away from the river and probably considerably faster but not picturesque. Am I correct? Is the alternative route N108 impossibly slow and winding? Can anyone suggest a circular route so we don't have to return the same way?
We will be travelling at the end of January out on Friday morning back Saturday lunchtime so presumably traffic should be ok?
Thank you for any suggestions or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 20 Italy
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)