We are planning a trip to Porto including an excursion to the Douro valley. We will be renting a car and spending one night in a Quinta. Our first stop will be a winery in Mesao Frio about 20km from Peso da Regua. My question is: What is the best route from Porto to the Douro? Google maps all suggest the N15 which seems very far away from the river and probably considerably faster but not picturesque. Am I correct? Is the alternative route N108 impossibly slow and winding? Can anyone suggest a circular route so we don't have to return the same way?
We will be travelling at the end of January out on Friday morning back Saturday lunchtime so presumably traffic should be ok?
Thank you for any suggestions or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Denmark or Sweden?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Amsterdam hotels
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 1 month in Europe
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 London-Help Me Spend Money