Hope someone here can help me.
I am landing in Orly and then starting my itinerary in Bordeaux (staying in Paris on my way back). From reading posts on this board I understand it'll be a long drive from Orly, about 6 hours. So TGV seem to be a better option though we are not light packares.
What is the best way to get from Orly to Bordeaux via train? how much time should I allow between landing and boarding the train? Is there a shuttle from Orly to train station in Paris? how much is a taxi?
Our friends are arriving the same day about the same time to CDG but it probably makes little sense for us to get to CDG to meet with them and then take TGV to Bordeaux. It seems each couple will travel on their own to Bordeaux and then we will meet there.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Viking Sites
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Greece
- 8 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Paris advice with kids
- 11 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 15 Chania
- 16 Iceland car rental agencies
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 20 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 21 Ex-pats with young kids
- 22 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 25 Fly out Venice or Rome