We will be taking a first trip to Ireland starting April 30 in Dublin. I'm really comfortable planning this part because we enjoy cities, history, cathedrals. On Saturday May 5, we fly from Dublin to Kerry arriving at 8:30 a.m. We've reserved a rental car which we'll drop off at Shannon airport early on May 9 (much agony over this because of left side driving and some dyslexia). Anyway, I'm the planner and feeling some mental paralysis because I don't care one whit about long scenic drives and I'm tone deaf, which leaves me at a disadvantage in planning the itinerary. DH does like beautiful scenery and music and I want this to be a good trip. Looks to me like we should exit Kerry airport and do the Ring of Kerry, winding up in Kenmare at the Lansdowne Arms Hotel for a couple of nights. Check out Muckross House and Abbey, and Dingle Peninsula? Then drive to Old Ground Hotel in Ennis for two nights, spending one day at Bunratty including the medieval night. Fly out early the fifth day from Shannon for home. We both are energetic and healthy and like full days, and I feel I'm doing an inadequate job. What I need is someone to just tell me what to do in this part of Ireland and in what order and I'll obey. Thank you in advance. I am always impressed by the depth of knowledge of this group and their willingness to help out.
From Kerry Airport to Shannon Airport in four days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 2 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 3 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 4 Nice Video about Poland
- 5 Where to stay in Rome
- 6 Lavender Fields
- 7 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 8 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 11 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 12 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 13 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 14 Munich
- 15 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 16 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 17 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 18 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 23 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 24 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid