We will be taking a first trip to Ireland starting April 30 in Dublin. I'm really comfortable planning this part because we enjoy cities, history, cathedrals. On Saturday May 5, we fly from Dublin to Kerry arriving at 8:30 a.m. We've reserved a rental car which we'll drop off at Shannon airport early on May 9 (much agony over this because of left side driving and some dyslexia). Anyway, I'm the planner and feeling some mental paralysis because I don't care one whit about long scenic drives and I'm tone deaf, which leaves me at a disadvantage in planning the itinerary. DH does like beautiful scenery and music and I want this to be a good trip. Looks to me like we should exit Kerry airport and do the Ring of Kerry, winding up in Kenmare at the Lansdowne Arms Hotel for a couple of nights. Check out Muckross House and Abbey, and Dingle Peninsula? Then drive to Old Ground Hotel in Ennis for two nights, spending one day at Bunratty including the medieval night. Fly out early the fifth day from Shannon for home. We both are energetic and healthy and like full days, and I feel I'm doing an inadequate job. What I need is someone to just tell me what to do in this part of Ireland and in what order and I'll obey. Thank you in advance. I am always impressed by the depth of knowledge of this group and their willingness to help out.
From Kerry Airport to Shannon Airport in four days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 3 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Athens/Istanbul March
- 6 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 9 Dublin to Armagh?
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 12 Gite and/or agritourism
- 13 Apartment for family trip to London
- 14 Prebook B&Bs
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 17 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 20 days in Germany
- 20 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 23 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 24 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 25 French open