We will be taking a first trip to Ireland starting April 30 in Dublin. I'm really comfortable planning this part because we enjoy cities, history, cathedrals. On Saturday May 5, we fly from Dublin to Kerry arriving at 8:30 a.m. We've reserved a rental car which we'll drop off at Shannon airport early on May 9 (much agony over this because of left side driving and some dyslexia). Anyway, I'm the planner and feeling some mental paralysis because I don't care one whit about long scenic drives and I'm tone deaf, which leaves me at a disadvantage in planning the itinerary. DH does like beautiful scenery and music and I want this to be a good trip. Looks to me like we should exit Kerry airport and do the Ring of Kerry, winding up in Kenmare at the Lansdowne Arms Hotel for a couple of nights. Check out Muckross House and Abbey, and Dingle Peninsula? Then drive to Old Ground Hotel in Ennis for two nights, spending one day at Bunratty including the medieval night. Fly out early the fifth day from Shannon for home. We both are energetic and healthy and like full days, and I feel I'm doing an inadequate job. What I need is someone to just tell me what to do in this part of Ireland and in what order and I'll obey. Thank you in advance. I am always impressed by the depth of knowledge of this group and their willingness to help out.
From Kerry Airport to Shannon Airport in four days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 2 Tipping in the UK
- 3 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 4 Paris to Provence in 3 days ideas?
- 5 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 6 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 7 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 8 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 9 Europe in December for 10 days
- 10 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 11 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 12 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 13 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 14 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 15 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 16 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 17 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 18 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 19 The "Perfect week" in Sicily???
- 20 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 21 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 24 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 25 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years