We have friends who have asked us to stay in Italy for another 2 weeks after our time in Le Marche, and we just could not say no.
We have all decided to travel south along the northwest coast, and have all chosen Genoa as our starting point as we travel back to Rome for our flight home. I have heard many different opinions on this city, but we think it will be fascinating. Is Genoa worth visiting and spending a few days?
It is the places that we should visit between Genoa and Rome that we are trying to figure out, and we only have a few weeks to plan.
We want to see Cinque Terre, but do not know if we should spend time there or do a day trip from outside (the train time is only about an hour and a half from either Genoa or Lucca).
Any other recommendations would be most welcome. We would like time on the beach, time in medieval towns (is Lucca a place to base ourselves for a few days), good food, and be as close to the sea as possible for most of the two weeks.
All advice and places will be considered.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.