We have friends who have asked us to stay in Italy for another 2 weeks after our time in Le Marche, and we just could not say no.
We have all decided to travel south along the northwest coast, and have all chosen Genoa as our starting point as we travel back to Rome for our flight home. I have heard many different opinions on this city, but we think it will be fascinating. Is Genoa worth visiting and spending a few days?
It is the places that we should visit between Genoa and Rome that we are trying to figure out, and we only have a few weeks to plan.
We want to see Cinque Terre, but do not know if we should spend time there or do a day trip from outside (the train time is only about an hour and a half from either Genoa or Lucca).
Any other recommendations would be most welcome. We would like time on the beach, time in medieval towns (is Lucca a place to base ourselves for a few days), good food, and be as close to the sea as possible for most of the two weeks.
All advice and places will be considered.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 9 Brugge hotel help
- 10 Old European currency
- 11 Denmark or Sweden?
- 12 Amsterdam hotels
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time