We have friends who have asked us to stay in Italy for another 2 weeks after our time in Le Marche, and we just could not say no.
We have all decided to travel south along the northwest coast, and have all chosen Genoa as our starting point as we travel back to Rome for our flight home. I have heard many different opinions on this city, but we think it will be fascinating. Is Genoa worth visiting and spending a few days?
It is the places that we should visit between Genoa and Rome that we are trying to figure out, and we only have a few weeks to plan.
We want to see Cinque Terre, but do not know if we should spend time there or do a day trip from outside (the train time is only about an hour and a half from either Genoa or Lucca).
Any other recommendations would be most welcome. We would like time on the beach, time in medieval towns (is Lucca a place to base ourselves for a few days), good food, and be as close to the sea as possible for most of the two weeks.
All advice and places will be considered.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 8 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 magnified mirror
- 12 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 13 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 21 italy Cinque Terre
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 24 Can parking
- 25 Venice to Zermatt by Train