We have friends who have asked us to stay in Italy for another 2 weeks after our time in Le Marche, and we just could not say no.
We have all decided to travel south along the northwest coast, and have all chosen Genoa as our starting point as we travel back to Rome for our flight home. I have heard many different opinions on this city, but we think it will be fascinating. Is Genoa worth visiting and spending a few days?
It is the places that we should visit between Genoa and Rome that we are trying to figure out, and we only have a few weeks to plan.
We want to see Cinque Terre, but do not know if we should spend time there or do a day trip from outside (the train time is only about an hour and a half from either Genoa or Lucca).
Any other recommendations would be most welcome. We would like time on the beach, time in medieval towns (is Lucca a place to base ourselves for a few days), good food, and be as close to the sea as possible for most of the two weeks.
All advice and places will be considered.
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Milan and Lake Como
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 11 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Where to eat in Rome?
- 16 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 17 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 18 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 24 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 25 Last minute trip to Capri