I'm trying to decide if to drive or not. I understand you would see a lot more with a car. Is it possible to drive and see the coastal views without encountering the steep roads. I don't mind slow traffic and narrow roads; it's the steep roads and sheer drop offs I'm afraid of. With this in mind, would I be able to handle Slea Head Drive? I won't touch Ring of Kerry or Connor Pass!
After 3 nights in Dublin, I could stop at West Cork for one night, 2 nights in Dingle area, and the last night near Shannon airport, perhaps Limerick?
We would like to stay at B&Bs and love rolling hills and want to horseback ride at least once (on the beach preferably).
After describing the above, if I were to take public transport, would I be able to accomplish what I'd like to do/see?
Any thoughts or advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 5 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 8 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 9 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 10 Hotel in Vienna
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Car rental from Barcelona
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 15 Itinerary Tweaking
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary