I'm trying to decide if to drive or not. I understand you would see a lot more with a car. Is it possible to drive and see the coastal views without encountering the steep roads. I don't mind slow traffic and narrow roads; it's the steep roads and sheer drop offs I'm afraid of. With this in mind, would I be able to handle Slea Head Drive? I won't touch Ring of Kerry or Connor Pass!
After 3 nights in Dublin, I could stop at West Cork for one night, 2 nights in Dingle area, and the last night near Shannon airport, perhaps Limerick?
We would like to stay at B&Bs and love rolling hills and want to horseback ride at least once (on the beach preferably).
After describing the above, if I were to take public transport, would I be able to accomplish what I'd like to do/see?
Any thoughts or advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 2 Short time in Vienna
- 3 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 4 Paris in August
- 5 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 8 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 Valencia Spain
- 14 Wine Tasting in France
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 20 Moldova and Transnistria
- 21 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 Loire Valley restaurants
- 24 Rome Water Shortage
- 25 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?