As is usually the case I'm a bit perplexed. I saw that the Vatican offers openings on Friday nights and did a little research. Walks of Italy has a guided tour for € 59. Tickitaly has what I assume are just entry tickets at € 26 and the Vatican appears to have entrance tickets for this event at €16. The only difference being (aside from one option being guided) is that directly through the Vatican you can not book for October yet . Could they all be offering the same thing at such different pricing. Am I missing something? Since our main interest is the Sistine Chapel I wonder how necessary a guided tour is? Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance for any clarification on the differences here aside from one being guided.
Friday night at the Vatican
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 2 British drivers
- 3 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 4 A full week in The Netherlands
- 5 Prague Main Train Station
- 6 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 7 Spain Travel
- 8 Venice in Jan
- 9 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 10 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 11 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 12 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 15 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 18 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Public transport from Ostuni
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 25 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?