As is usually the case I'm a bit perplexed. I saw that the Vatican offers openings on Friday nights and did a little research. Walks of Italy has a guided tour for € 59. Tickitaly has what I assume are just entry tickets at € 26 and the Vatican appears to have entrance tickets for this event at €16. The only difference being (aside from one option being guided) is that directly through the Vatican you can not book for October yet . Could they all be offering the same thing at such different pricing. Am I missing something? Since our main interest is the Sistine Chapel I wonder how necessary a guided tour is? Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance for any clarification on the differences here aside from one being guided.
Friday night at the Vatican
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Chip but no PIN
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 6 Dublin Tour Companies
- 7 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 8 Day trips from Seville
- 9 Oktoberfest reservations
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 12 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 13 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 14 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 15 Southern France
- 16 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids