Hello Fodor friends!
It's a long story- but I've booked a flight that is scheduled to arrive at Fiumucino at 4:25pm on Saturday, April 30th and then I need to get on a train to Florence, as I've booked an apartment there.
A couple of questions:
1) If I come with carry-on only, what is the likely timeframe from landing until I can get on the Leonardo Express?
2) If I check luggage, then what is that timeframe likely to be?
(I've bought tickets on the 6:50pm Frecciarosa train to Florence from Termini.)
While I'm thinking I can make that, I'm still nervous that if I don't, I'm going to be arriving in Florence well after dark, and trying to find an apartment I've never been to before, in an area I'm not familiar with (Oltrarno). I should have given this more thought, but water under the bridge.
Now, I'm considering trying to save myself some stress and just get a hotel room in Rome for the night and go to Florence on Sunday morning. So, a couple of other questions if I do this:
1) Is there substantially more train traffic between the cities due to the holiday on 5/1? Or should I still be able to pick up a single ticket on Sunday morning?
2) Since the holiday falls on a Sunday this year, I'm wondering (and I will ask, but appreciate input) if my landlord will be less likely to want to "check me in" on a holiday than he would on a Saturday night (charging me an extra €20 already for checking in after 8pm).
I realize I will incur the extra expense of the hotel room and at the same time waste (lose) my one day of apartment rent. But that may be worth the reduction of stress I'm starting to feel.
Since I'm staying for 3 weeks, and working for a week of that, (thus needing to bring work laptop, etc), I'd like to take a bigger bag and check it. But then I think that if I do only carry-on, then I can get through Fiumicino much faster and increase the chances of making my train from Termini at 6:50.
All input appreciated!
thanks, fellow travelers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jhol ☎ EPSON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 EPSON PRINTER
- 2 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 3 Iceland trip report!
- 4 London 6 day itinerary
- 5 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 6 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 7 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 10 alcazar question and seville advice
- 11 Bernese Oberland
- 12 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 13 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 14 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 15 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 16 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 17 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 18 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 19 Threat Level in UK
- 20 ATM
- 21 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 22 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 23 Living in Paris......for a week
- 24 ATM help
- 25 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
Hello Fodor friends!