I recently posted about spending mid September - early December in Paris. I've decided to spend less time fussing with longer trips out of the country, and just plan a few day/weekend trips within France. I'm sure we'll take a couple of out of country trips, but I'm just happy to be in France and don't care as much anymore. Plus, you know... money
Anyway, any recommendations on if the time of the year makes sense for these would be super. These are all loose and can change on a whim. Here's what I'm thinking thus far...
Last week of September: Mont Saint Michel (staying overnight perhaps here https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4489686)
First week of October: Giverny (with plans to bicycle from Vernon to Giverny). I've read that the flowers are typically still in bloom at this time.
Still in beginning of October: Versailles (will the garden still be enjoyable at this time?)
Late October: Alsace (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3409459)
November: Marseille & Nice (maybe stay the night here https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5225491)
Any glaring timing issues? Again, this is all loose and some of these might not happen / get replaced by other trips / be lengthened or shortened. I don't plan to micromanage our time.
Any place missing that you absolutely love in France? I have a dreamy vision of biking through lavender fields in Aix En Province, but know that's quite the stereotype and quite possible not doable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec*h SUPP0RT NORTON CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 NORTON 24*7
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 4 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 5 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 6 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 7 Vatican tour
- 8 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 9 Day in Capri
- 10 alcazar question and seville advice
- 11 TSA Precheck
- 12 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Paris travel help
- 16 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 17 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 20 Rome hotel
- 21 Villa in Italy
- 22 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 23 Help me make this possible!
- 24 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 25 Best Barcelona neighborhood