I recently posted about spending mid September - early December in Paris. I've decided to spend less time fussing with longer trips out of the country, and just plan a few day/weekend trips within France. I'm sure we'll take a couple of out of country trips, but I'm just happy to be in France and don't care as much anymore. Plus, you know... money
Anyway, any recommendations on if the time of the year makes sense for these would be super. These are all loose and can change on a whim. Here's what I'm thinking thus far...
Last week of September: Mont Saint Michel (staying overnight perhaps here https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4489686)
First week of October: Giverny (with plans to bicycle from Vernon to Giverny). I've read that the flowers are typically still in bloom at this time.
Still in beginning of October: Versailles (will the garden still be enjoyable at this time?)
Late October: Alsace (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3409459)
November: Marseille & Nice (maybe stay the night here https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5225491)
Any glaring timing issues? Again, this is all loose and some of these might not happen / get replaced by other trips / be lengthened or shortened. I don't plan to micromanage our time.
Any place missing that you absolutely love in France? I have a dreamy vision of biking through lavender fields in Aix En Province, but know that's quite the stereotype and quite possible not doable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ESET @ Installation renewal CONTACT☎ 18006817208 ESET Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 6 Iceland
- 7 Venice/Mestre
- 8 Quizz !
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 12 Our future trip to Greece
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Russia in two weeks in December
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Christmas Day in Granada
- 17 car insurance italy
- 18 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 19 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 20 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 21 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 22 Transylvania - June 2018
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?