I recently posted about spending mid September - early December in Paris. I've decided to spend less time fussing with longer trips out of the country, and just plan a few day/weekend trips within France. I'm sure we'll take a couple of out of country trips, but I'm just happy to be in France and don't care as much anymore. Plus, you know... money
Anyway, any recommendations on if the time of the year makes sense for these would be super. These are all loose and can change on a whim. Here's what I'm thinking thus far...
Last week of September: Mont Saint Michel (staying overnight perhaps here https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4489686)
First week of October: Giverny (with plans to bicycle from Vernon to Giverny). I've read that the flowers are typically still in bloom at this time.
Still in beginning of October: Versailles (will the garden still be enjoyable at this time?)
Late October: Alsace (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3409459)
November: Marseille & Nice (maybe stay the night here https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5225491)
Any glaring timing issues? Again, this is all loose and some of these might not happen / get replaced by other trips / be lengthened or shortened. I don't plan to micromanage our time.
Any place missing that you absolutely love in France? I have a dreamy vision of biking through lavender fields in Aix En Province, but know that's quite the stereotype and quite possible not doable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 2 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 3 Leather goods in Florence
- 4 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 5 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 6 Trip to Rome
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 France Itinerary Advice
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 13 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 14 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 17 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 18 French election
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 21 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 22 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 25 French Election - Questions???