I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 2 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 3 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 4 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 5 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Scotland Votes "No"
- 8 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 9 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 10 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 11 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 Olive Oil
- 14 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 15 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 16 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 17 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 18 french riviera
- 19 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 20 Hey Fodor's
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 23 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 24 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 25 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin