I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 2 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 3 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Airbnb scam
- 6 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 7 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 8 Tipping in the UK
- 9 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 10 Help with Summer 2015 Trip to Italy
- 11 4 Months in Europe
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 14 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 15 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 16 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 17 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 20 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 21 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 22 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 23 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 24 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 25 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015