I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Areas to stay
- 2 Transport in Venice
- 3 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 4 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 5 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 6 Kimhe--flamenco
- 7 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 8 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 9 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 10 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 11 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 12 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 13 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 14 St Germain
- 15 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 16 Lakes District UK
- 17 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 18 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 19 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 20 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 21 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 22 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 23 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 24 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 25 Suggestions for Munich in early December