I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 2 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 3 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 4 Montpellier - A few questions
- 5 Checking email
- 6 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 7 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 8 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 9 Italy, Spain and France
- 10 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 11 My summer in Paris
- 12 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 13 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 14 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 15 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 16 The Road to Ruins - 25 Days in Istanbul & Road Tripping thru Western Turkey
- 17 Tuscany Chianti area - agriturismo or apt - what's your favorite?
- 18 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 19 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 20 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 21 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 22 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 23 Schegen Question- Leaving w/Visa and Reentry as Tourist
- 24 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 25 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?