I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 6 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 7 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 11 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 12 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 13 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 15 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 16 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 17 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 18 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 19 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 20 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 21 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 24 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 25 I dream of Europe