I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 2 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 3 Puglia
- 4 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 5 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 6 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 7 Barcelona Car rental return
- 8 Stonehenge and Bath
- 9 Ferrara or Verona for a 4/5 hours stopover?
- 10 From London to Paris to US
- 11 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 12 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 13 Ireland driving itinerary
- 14 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 15 Greece Itinerary
- 16 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 17 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 18 Itinerary help please!
- 19 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 20 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 21 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 22 France to stop making foie grois
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 Base City for N Europe Layover