I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 4 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 5 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 6 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 14 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 Which european city?
- 17 Italy Countryside
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 21 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 22 Germany in December 2015
- 23 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 24 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 25 Vegan in Germany?