I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 2 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 3 Narrowing down our itinerary...Paris-Venice-Rome
- 4 Italy in late June - 10 days. Should we do Rome, Florence AND Venice?
- 5 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 6 Paris to Bordeaux TGV
- 7 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 8 England, Paris itinerary help
- 9 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 10 Itinerary for July trip to France, Germany and Italy
- 11 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 12 Accommodations in Paris
- 13 Ideas for 4 days between Venice and Florence
- 14 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 15 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 16 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 17 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 18 Provence planning
- 19 Shipping bags home
- 20 Germany for 3 weeks
- 21 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 22 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 23 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 24 Transportation directly from Malpensa to place other than Milan
- 25 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids