I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 5 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 6 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 7 Venice - boats on canals
- 8 ITALY
- 9 Paris first then where?
- 10 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 11 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 12 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 13 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 14 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 15 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 16 Akrotiri Tours
- 17 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 18 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 19 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 20 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 21 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 22 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 23 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 24 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 25 Northern Spain