I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 2 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 3 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 4 Train tickets France and Spain
- 5 Travel by train in Poland?
- 6 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 7 Trains Austria
- 8 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 9 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 10 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 11 Segovia or Toledo day trip
- 12 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 13 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 14 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 15 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 16 How can I use my Telus iPhone in Europe?
- 17 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 18 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 19 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 20 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 21 Staying in the Highlands
- 22 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 23 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 24 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto
- 25 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?