I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Itinerary
- 2 Texans Take a Tour
- 3 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 4 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 5 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 6 Lisbon
- 7 Count Dracula invites you to Transylvania!
- 8 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 9 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 10 One night in Amsterdam?
- 11 barcelona
- 12 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 13 A plethora of islands
- 14 Referendum in Greece
- 15 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 16 10 days in spain
- 17 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 18 Bergen Tour.Any suggestion pls.
- 19 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 20 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 21 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 22 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 23 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 24 Switzeraland Iternary
- 25 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old