I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 2 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 3 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 4 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 5 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 6 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 7 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 8 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 9 To Hampton Court Palace
- 10 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 11 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 12 London-Paris solo trip
- 13 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 14 Dublin to Dingle?
- 15 Need advice on transportation
- 16 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 17 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 18 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 19 Hotel option - pay now or pay later
- 20 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 21 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 22 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 23 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 24 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 25 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed