I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 2 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 3 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 4 Europe First Timers
- 5 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 13 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 14 Lille Braderie 2017
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 17 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 18 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 21 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 22 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?