I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 3 What Greek islands should I visit
- 4 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 5 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 6 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (16)
- 7 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 8 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 9 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 10 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 13 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 14 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 15 cell phone companys
- 16 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 17 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 18 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 19 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 20 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 21 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 22 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 23 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 24 Affordable French language course in France?
- 25 Budapest on a budget