I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safety concerns?
- 2 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 3 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 4 Private transportation
- 5 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 6 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 7 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 8 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 9 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 10 Global Travel Warning...
- 11 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 13 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 14 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 15 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 16 Morning in paris
- 17 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 18 Advices about our itiniary
- 19 Balkans Itinerary
- 20 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 21 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 22 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 23 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 24 Why Not Helsinki?
- 25 Inverness Northern Lights?