I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ITALO trains need help
- 2 Terrorism in Europe
- 3 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 4 biking in France
- 5 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 6 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 7 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 8 100 years of French gratitude
- 9 London for Free
- 10 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 11 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 12 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 13 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 14 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 15 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 16 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 17 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 18 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 19 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 20 Cornwall or Paris?
- 21 Madrid: City Views
- 22 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 23 Amalfi Coast in October
- 24 Does this make sense re tour downloads?
- 25 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain