I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 seat reservations
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 4 Valencia Spain
- 5 Germany-Car or Train
- 6 Night Bus?
- 7 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 12 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 13 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 14 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 Jewish Vienna
- 19 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 20 My special places in Europe
- 21 Italy in a week
- 22 3 days outside Venice
- 23 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up