I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 2 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 4 days itinerary for France
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 7 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 8 When to Visit Scotland
- 9 Super Cover For Hertz
- 10 Where to buy Saffron?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 Itinerary Tweaking
- 17 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 18 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 19 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 Driving in Italy?
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy