I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 2 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 3 Need help in travel planning
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 London: Battle of the badges
- 6 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 7 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 8 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 9 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 10 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 11 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 12 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 13 RHK's Fall escape
- 14 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 15 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 16 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 17 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 18 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 19 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 20 Can you comment on my itinerary?
- 21 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 22 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 23 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 24 Loire Valley itinerary
- 25 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris