I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9-10 days in portugal - may 2016
- 2 Ira, Ira, Ira, who is Ira?
- 3 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 4 Q re Capital One Venture Rewards Card
- 5 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 6 Scotland itinerary
- 7 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 8 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 9 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 10 renting a car in Spain and driving to Portugal
- 11 PASSPORT number changed
- 12 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 13 Ice for a cooler
- 14 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 15 Madrid Hotel - Help me choose between these 2!
- 16 Seine river cruise help
- 17 tuscany/florence tour
- 18 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 19 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2015
- 20 Sardinia Slow Travel Oct 2015
- 21 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 22 England/Scotland in January?
- 23 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 24 Men's attire for touring
- 25 Norway Hikes, centralised location