I am planning to spend a few days in Côte D´Azur around the end of August this year and would like to visit some towns between Marseille and Nice, like Cannes, Monaco, St Tropez and maybe Antibes. Would also like to take the Train des Pignes.
I know that some are very close to each other so if I were to stay in Nice, for instance, I could take a train for a day trip to Monaco or the Provence Countryside. Therefore I would plan to stay 3 or 3 nights in two of these towns and take day trips to the others.
Question is, which towns would be best to stay in? Marseille and Nice? I would be taking the train down, from Paris and staying a total of 7 nights in September.
I would really appreciate suggestions. Thank you so much.
French Riviera - How long to stay in each place
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 2 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 3 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 4 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 5 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 6 bath or york
- 7 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 10 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 11 Ste Remy France
- 12 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 13 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 14 London tube
- 15 car rental info
- 16 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 21 Local Tour in Provence?
- 22 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 23 5am arrival in Dublin
- 24 10 Hours in Brussels
- 25 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do