Husband toddler and I need an overnight stop for saturday 10th June (we are driving) between Alba (Piemonte) and St-Remy de provence. We could pick either the Italian or French riviera.
We would like a place convenient for driving, and one that is not too tiny yet not too big, and wont be dead on sunday morning. Preferably amazing Mediterranean views and or beautiful village aspect.
my ideas so far are Noli, Cervo, San Remo, Menton, VilleFranche-sur-mer, St Paul du Vence, mougins (I love art), (I know these last 2 arn't coastal). Any opinions- such as if you found these places spectacular, or underwhelming, or worth/not worth the effort. I would appreciate rankings as well for those who have been to several.
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road trip with our dog
- 2 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 3 italy Cinque Terre
- 4 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 7 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Can parking
- 19 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 20 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 21 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 24 Driving through Paris
- 25 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?