We are going to Switzerland and France during 16-21st April.
We are spending 3 nights in Paris after 2 nights in Switzerland, so our main destination is France, hence applying for schengen from French embassy via tlscontact.
Me, my wife and my 3 yr old kid are the travelers in this trip.
There are some visa related clarifications I seek from fodors expert.
1. We are from india currently in uk. So do i need our marriage certificate get stamped from Indian embassy. The certificate is printed in English as well as in local language (Bengali), and the certificate is filled up in English only and there is a stamp of marriage registrar.
2. The hotel booking is done from booking.com, and these are not prepaid booking, payment need to be made at hotel during the stay. Can this lead to refusal of visa?
3. The schengen visa documentation says that in the hotel booking all members name should be printed. For our case its one room, and only my name is mentioned. How can i get my wife and son's name printed on the booking confirmation.
4. Do I need to arrange any letter from British social service stating our son is going with us?
Please help me answering these questions and wish me luck.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 3 We're here!
- 4 10 days in Paris and......
- 5 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 6 Moving to Italy
- 7 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 8 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 9 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 12 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 18 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 19 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 24 Athens
- 25 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???