We are going to Switzerland and France during 16-21st April.
We are spending 3 nights in Paris after 2 nights in Switzerland, so our main destination is France, hence applying for schengen from French embassy via tlscontact.
Me, my wife and my 3 yr old kid are the travelers in this trip.
There are some visa related clarifications I seek from fodors expert.
1. We are from india currently in uk. So do i need our marriage certificate get stamped from Indian embassy. The certificate is printed in English as well as in local language (Bengali), and the certificate is filled up in English only and there is a stamp of marriage registrar.
2. The hotel booking is done from booking.com, and these are not prepaid booking, payment need to be made at hotel during the stay. Can this lead to refusal of visa?
3. The schengen visa documentation says that in the hotel booking all members name should be printed. For our case its one room, and only my name is mentioned. How can i get my wife and son's name printed on the booking confirmation.
4. Do I need to arrange any letter from British social service stating our son is going with us?
Please help me answering these questions and wish me luck.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Labor Day in Paris
- 2 Driver"s License & Language
- 3 I may be wrong....
- 4 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 5 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 6 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 7 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 8 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 9 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 10 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 11 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 12 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 13 Train up the Jungfrau
- 14 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 15 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 18 A visit to Greenwich
- 19 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 20 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 21 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 22 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 23 I Cuisine vs Cookin with Class
- 24 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 25 Sardinia or Corsica??