We are going to Switzerland and France during 16-21st April.
We are spending 3 nights in Paris after 2 nights in Switzerland, so our main destination is France, hence applying for schengen from French embassy via tlscontact.
Me, my wife and my 3 yr old kid are the travelers in this trip.
There are some visa related clarifications I seek from fodors expert.
1. We are from india currently in uk. So do i need our marriage certificate get stamped from Indian embassy. The certificate is printed in English as well as in local language (Bengali), and the certificate is filled up in English only and there is a stamp of marriage registrar.
2. The hotel booking is done from booking.com, and these are not prepaid booking, payment need to be made at hotel during the stay. Can this lead to refusal of visa?
3. The schengen visa documentation says that in the hotel booking all members name should be printed. For our case its one room, and only my name is mentioned. How can i get my wife and son's name printed on the booking confirmation.
4. Do I need to arrange any letter from British social service stating our son is going with us?
Please help me answering these questions and wish me luck.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 quickest way to Prague
- 4 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Avoid Europcar!
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?