We are going to Switzerland and France during 16-21st April.
We are spending 3 nights in Paris after 2 nights in Switzerland, so our main destination is France, hence applying for schengen from French embassy via tlscontact.
Me, my wife and my 3 yr old kid are the travelers in this trip.
There are some visa related clarifications I seek from fodors expert.
1. We are from india currently in uk. So do i need our marriage certificate get stamped from Indian embassy. The certificate is printed in English as well as in local language (Bengali), and the certificate is filled up in English only and there is a stamp of marriage registrar.
2. The hotel booking is done from booking.com, and these are not prepaid booking, payment need to be made at hotel during the stay. Can this lead to refusal of visa?
3. The schengen visa documentation says that in the hotel booking all members name should be printed. For our case its one room, and only my name is mentioned. How can i get my wife and son's name printed on the booking confirmation.
4. Do I need to arrange any letter from British social service stating our son is going with us?
Please help me answering these questions and wish me luck.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 2 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 3 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 4 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 7 Zadar or Sibenik
- 8 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 12 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 13 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 14 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 15 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 22 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 23 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 24 B&Bs in Ireland
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback