We are going to Switzerland and France during 16-21st April.
We are spending 3 nights in Paris after 2 nights in Switzerland, so our main destination is France, hence applying for schengen from French embassy via tlscontact.
Me, my wife and my 3 yr old kid are the travelers in this trip.
There are some visa related clarifications I seek from fodors expert.
1. We are from india currently in uk. So do i need our marriage certificate get stamped from Indian embassy. The certificate is printed in English as well as in local language (Bengali), and the certificate is filled up in English only and there is a stamp of marriage registrar.
2. The hotel booking is done from booking.com, and these are not prepaid booking, payment need to be made at hotel during the stay. Can this lead to refusal of visa?
3. The schengen visa documentation says that in the hotel booking all members name should be printed. For our case its one room, and only my name is mentioned. How can i get my wife and son's name printed on the booking confirmation.
4. Do I need to arrange any letter from British social service stating our son is going with us?
Please help me answering these questions and wish me luck.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune France
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?