I'm planning a trip to the Pyrenees from Nov25 to Dec5 with my girlfriend. The very tentative, work-in-progress itinerary I've been working on has us flying into Barcelona, renting a car, and driving to Foix, France the next day. From there we're driving up to Toulouse to meet a friend for two days and then driving Southwest to another TBD small French town before crossing into Spain and going to Torla and possibly Arties or Taull (I figure about 4 days for this stuff. We need to have the car back in Barcelona around Dec1/Dec2 to board flight to Portugal for last leg). I'm really open to suggestions in terms of towns. We, stereotypically enough, favor the storybook villages (Hey, it's a couples trip—what do you expect?)
One of my major hang-ups is driving conditions in the Pyrenees this time of year. I've been reading that they can be quite treacherous, which gives me pause. I'm an experienced driver in the US but definitely not on difficult roads. Is traveling by road in the Pyrenees in late November a poor idea? Should I bump this trip up to the last week of October (which would be a little more complicated because of work)?
Appreciate any and all help.
Less Naive American in Training
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시안바카라(❥╱≫ BOO75.ZE。aM ≪╱❥)슈퍼카지노【슈퍼바카라】
- 2 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 4 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 5 Venice
- 6 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 7 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Porto and vicinity
- 10 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 11 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 12 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 13 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 14 Norway fjord
- 15 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 7 days in Greece
- 18 Italy
- 19 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 20 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 21 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Praiana to Positano