I'm planning a trip to the Pyrenees from Nov25 to Dec5 with my girlfriend. The very tentative, work-in-progress itinerary I've been working on has us flying into Barcelona, renting a car, and driving to Foix, France the next day. From there we're driving up to Toulouse to meet a friend for two days and then driving Southwest to another TBD small French town before crossing into Spain and going to Torla and possibly Arties or Taull (I figure about 4 days for this stuff. We need to have the car back in Barcelona around Dec1/Dec2 to board flight to Portugal for last leg). I'm really open to suggestions in terms of towns. We, stereotypically enough, favor the storybook villages (Hey, it's a couples trip—what do you expect?)
One of my major hang-ups is driving conditions in the Pyrenees this time of year. I've been reading that they can be quite treacherous, which gives me pause. I'm an experienced driver in the US but definitely not on difficult roads. Is traveling by road in the Pyrenees in late November a poor idea? Should I bump this trip up to the last week of October (which would be a little more complicated because of work)?
Appreciate any and all help.
Less Naive American in Training
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 홍보 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 2 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 3 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 9 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 10 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 11 WWI Battlefields
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 14 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 15 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 16 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 17 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 18 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 19 Reaching the Lake District
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 22 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 23 My special places in Europe
- 24 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 25 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope