I'm going on my first trip to Europe (from New Zealand) for end of August to near the end of September, and looking for some help in prioritizing some destinations as i only have about a month. My basic itinerary is:
London 5-6 days
Amsterdam 3 days
Somewhere near Dubrovnik (5 days)
Cinque Terre 3-4 days
After that, i would really like to see Cannes/Nice and Chamonix & Annecy, but i really don't see time for both before i fly out of Paris. If i am already going to Croatia, would Cannes and Nice be better to skip as they look somewhat similar?
I guess my interests are food, scenery & outdoors, culture meeting people & beaches. The art, architecture, museum isn't really that high on my list . I'm 27 so would like to go where i'm going to meet people my own age.
I know this is all very vague, but i guess my main question is how different are the French Riviera to Croatia? Would Chamonix be a bad place to go in summer?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dell @printer reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 tec*h support
- 2 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 10 London with Teens Trip Report
- 11 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 17 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 18 Madrird and Seville
- 19 Greece
- 20 Ludwig Castles
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 23 Lake Como AREA questions
- 24 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?