I'm going on my first trip to Europe (from New Zealand) for end of August to near the end of September, and looking for some help in prioritizing some destinations as i only have about a month. My basic itinerary is:
London 5-6 days
Amsterdam 3 days
Somewhere near Dubrovnik (5 days)
Cinque Terre 3-4 days
After that, i would really like to see Cannes/Nice and Chamonix & Annecy, but i really don't see time for both before i fly out of Paris. If i am already going to Croatia, would Cannes and Nice be better to skip as they look somewhat similar?
I guess my interests are food, scenery & outdoors, culture meeting people & beaches. The art, architecture, museum isn't really that high on my list . I'm 27 so would like to go where i'm going to meet people my own age.
I know this is all very vague, but i guess my main question is how different are the French Riviera to Croatia? Would Chamonix be a bad place to go in summer?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 2 Berlin to Italy
- 3 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 4 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 5 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 6 Florence - Where to stay
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Killarney
- 9 Where to go!?
- 10 First time in Bulgaria
- 11 Vacation
- 12 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 16 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 19 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 Dog friendly hotels
- 22 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 23 Cambridge in May
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!