I'm going on my first trip to Europe (from New Zealand) for end of August to near the end of September, and looking for some help in prioritizing some destinations as i only have about a month. My basic itinerary is:
London 5-6 days
Amsterdam 3 days
Somewhere near Dubrovnik (5 days)
Cinque Terre 3-4 days
After that, i would really like to see Cannes/Nice and Chamonix & Annecy, but i really don't see time for both before i fly out of Paris. If i am already going to Croatia, would Cannes and Nice be better to skip as they look somewhat similar?
I guess my interests are food, scenery & outdoors, culture meeting people & beaches. The art, architecture, museum isn't really that high on my list . I'm 27 so would like to go where i'm going to meet people my own age.
I know this is all very vague, but i guess my main question is how different are the French Riviera to Croatia? Would Chamonix be a bad place to go in summer?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 5 Where to eat in Rome?
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 10 Poland to Austria In December
- 11 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 12 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 13 Best Neck Pillow
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Italy travel plan help
- 21 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 road trip through scotland
- 25 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel