I'm going on my first trip to Europe (from New Zealand) for end of August to near the end of September, and looking for some help in prioritizing some destinations as i only have about a month. My basic itinerary is:
London 5-6 days
Amsterdam 3 days
Somewhere near Dubrovnik (5 days)
Cinque Terre 3-4 days
After that, i would really like to see Cannes/Nice and Chamonix & Annecy, but i really don't see time for both before i fly out of Paris. If i am already going to Croatia, would Cannes and Nice be better to skip as they look somewhat similar?
I guess my interests are food, scenery & outdoors, culture meeting people & beaches. The art, architecture, museum isn't really that high on my list . I'm 27 so would like to go where i'm going to meet people my own age.
I know this is all very vague, but i guess my main question is how different are the French Riviera to Croatia? Would Chamonix be a bad place to go in summer?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 2 Classical Tour of Albania
- 3 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 4 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 5 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 6 London GTG May 19-25
- 7 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 8 London and Normandy
- 9 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 10 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 11 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 First visit to London
- 14 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 17 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 20 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 21 Naples + Walking Tour
- 22 TIM in FCO - update
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 25 Agriturismo with train access to Florence