I'm going on my first trip to Europe (from New Zealand) for end of August to near the end of September, and looking for some help in prioritizing some destinations as i only have about a month. My basic itinerary is:
London 5-6 days
Amsterdam 3 days
Somewhere near Dubrovnik (5 days)
Cinque Terre 3-4 days
After that, i would really like to see Cannes/Nice and Chamonix & Annecy, but i really don't see time for both before i fly out of Paris. If i am already going to Croatia, would Cannes and Nice be better to skip as they look somewhat similar?
I guess my interests are food, scenery & outdoors, culture meeting people & beaches. The art, architecture, museum isn't really that high on my list . I'm 27 so would like to go where i'm going to meet people my own age.
I know this is all very vague, but i guess my main question is how different are the French Riviera to Croatia? Would Chamonix be a bad place to go in summer?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Can parking
- 10 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald