We will be driving (myself and two young boys) from Freiburg to a town near Zell am See this summer. Google maps tells me that the fastest route is via Stuttgart and Munich, but since we will be driving later in the trip from the Chiemsee to the Stuttgart area, I would like to take another route.
I'd like to go south, but that puts us at an 8 hour drive......so maybe via Ravensburg and Garmisch is the way to go....putting us at 6 hours or so. Here is my question: We will get up early and get on the road and allow for as many stops as we need. Are there any stops that we could "plan" for? Places that young boys could stretch legs a bit? Outdoor museum? Lakes, etc? We were in the area a couple of years ago and saw a Tractor Museum in Unteruhldingen, the city of Ravensburg, and an outdoor museum near Garmisch.
I know I can find places with enough effort, but was hoping someone had personal experience or info on a place I won't easily find. We may break up the trip with an overnight, not entirely sure yet, but personally would prefer to push through and have our entire week near Zell am See.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 10 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 11 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 8 Days in Spain
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 25 Italy Car Scam