We will be driving (myself and two young boys) from Freiburg to a town near Zell am See this summer. Google maps tells me that the fastest route is via Stuttgart and Munich, but since we will be driving later in the trip from the Chiemsee to the Stuttgart area, I would like to take another route.
I'd like to go south, but that puts us at an 8 hour drive......so maybe via Ravensburg and Garmisch is the way to go....putting us at 6 hours or so. Here is my question: We will get up early and get on the road and allow for as many stops as we need. Are there any stops that we could "plan" for? Places that young boys could stretch legs a bit? Outdoor museum? Lakes, etc? We were in the area a couple of years ago and saw a Tractor Museum in Unteruhldingen, the city of Ravensburg, and an outdoor museum near Garmisch.
I know I can find places with enough effort, but was hoping someone had personal experience or info on a place I won't easily find. We may break up the trip with an overnight, not entirely sure yet, but personally would prefer to push through and have our entire week near Zell am See.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 5 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 6 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 7 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 8 Germany in December Trip Report
- 9 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 10 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 11 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 12 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Italy for Christmas Week
- 19 train or plane
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments