Next summer I'll be spending a bit of time on some farms in England and Scotland and I have one week between the end of my gig in Scotland and the start of the next one in Cornwall. I'm in my 20's and I'll be travelling solo by train, interested in non-touristy things, little towns, art, wondering around, being outside, etc. I'll have come off of two weeks in London, Oxford, York and Edinburgh with my parents so no need to return there. Here are some ideas:
4 )St. Ives
Hopefully that's enough info for my very broad question. Any recommendations or opinions on awesome places to see would be very helpful - it's my first time in the UK.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 2 Places to visit from Zurich
- 3 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 Germany-Car or Train
- 6 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 7 SURPRISE TRIP
- 8 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 16 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 19 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 20 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 21 Valencia Spain
- 22 Europe for Beginners
- 23 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 24 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 25 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
Free week anywhere between Edinburgh and Cornwall ~ Suggestions?