My friend lives in this area: Boulevard du Général de Gaulle, and is offering her place to stay while we are seeing Paris. She said it's about 18 minutes on the RER to the center of Paris and about 45 minutes to the Eiffel tower.
Do you think it's worth the travel time for a free place to stay or would we be better off paying for a place closer to the things we want to do/see?
We're only there form the 17-21st so we realize that time is valuable as well.
What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Barcelona - places to stay
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 14 Istanbul at Easter
- 15 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 16 Palermo Apartment
- 17 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Fado in Lisbon
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks