I have a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt and wanted to know if its worth leaving the airport for a quick tour of the city.
I enjoy architecture, music, history, beer , fine arts, food, etc. If you get the jist, I enjoy many things in life, so I am sure Frankfurt has something for me.
Is 5 hours too short (mind u let's calculate 3 Hours to be in the safe zone) to hit up the main area in Frankfurt? I understand that the airport is reltively close to downtown, but is this where most of the attractions are?
I will be arriving at 10:00 and departing at 15:00, throw some suggestions my way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 3 UK in May and June
- 4 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 5 Spain: train/rental car help
- 6 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 7 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 8 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 9 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 12 13 nights in switzerland
- 13 Alhambra
- 14 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 15 Uber or driver/tour guide in Cotswolds?
- 16 Copenhagen or Stockholm? for music
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 22 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 23 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 24 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 25 Base in Rhine or Mosel?