I have a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt and wanted to know if its worth leaving the airport for a quick tour of the city.
I enjoy architecture, music, history, beer , fine arts, food, etc. If you get the jist, I enjoy many things in life, so I am sure Frankfurt has something for me.
Is 5 hours too short (mind u let's calculate 3 Hours to be in the safe zone) to hit up the main area in Frankfurt? I understand that the airport is reltively close to downtown, but is this where most of the attractions are?
I will be arriving at 10:00 and departing at 15:00, throw some suggestions my way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connection time in Athens?
- 2 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 3 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 4 Ludwig Castles
- 5 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 6 Escorted Tours
- 7 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 8 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 11 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 14 2 Months in Sicily
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 What tips can you give about packing?
- 17 Le Marche, Italy
- 18 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 19 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 20 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 21 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 22 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 23 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 24 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 25 Hallstatt tour recommendations?