My husband and I (mid-30s) will be traveling 12/26-1/4, with the first 4 nights in Frankfurt and 12/31-1/3 in Montreux. Visiting a local in Frankfurt but still open to suggestions for day trips. From Montreux we plan to ski for a day (probably in Gstaad) and I'd like to go to the hot springs in Leukerbad. Here are my questions....
1) Where should we stay on 12/30? This is wide open, from adding a night in Montreux, to somewhere else on the way from Frankfurt to Montreux, to somewhere else in Germany. We like beautiful views, beer (husband), wine (me), food of all kinds, outdoor activities that aren't too strenuous (I have a medical condition that limits me a bit), and hot springs (lots of other things of course, but must limit the list here)!
2) Should we get some kind of rail pass? If so, what kind? There are so many options my head literally hurts every time I really start to try to figure it out.
3) I cannot figure out how to get the train from Montreux to Leukerbad - is this actually not easily possible and so I should forget that side trip? If so, are there other hot springs around we could get to?
4) What to do for New Year's Eve?
5) We'd like to potentially visit one other country but literally only for a 1/2 day or so. It seems like France from Montreux is the best option, but I can't figure out where to go or what train to take to get there.
Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!!!
Thank you - CC
Frankfurt Germany & Montreux Switzerland over New Year's
- 1 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 2 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 3 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 4 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 5 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 6 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 7 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 8 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 11 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 12 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 13 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 14 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 15 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 16 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 17 Stop over in France
- 18 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 19 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 20 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 21 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 22 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 23 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 24 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 25 Northern Italy