My husband and I (mid-30s) will be traveling 12/26-1/4, with the first 4 nights in Frankfurt and 12/31-1/3 in Montreux. Visiting a local in Frankfurt but still open to suggestions for day trips. From Montreux we plan to ski for a day (probably in Gstaad) and I'd like to go to the hot springs in Leukerbad. Here are my questions....
1) Where should we stay on 12/30? This is wide open, from adding a night in Montreux, to somewhere else on the way from Frankfurt to Montreux, to somewhere else in Germany. We like beautiful views, beer (husband), wine (me), food of all kinds, outdoor activities that aren't too strenuous (I have a medical condition that limits me a bit), and hot springs (lots of other things of course, but must limit the list here)!
2) Should we get some kind of rail pass? If so, what kind? There are so many options my head literally hurts every time I really start to try to figure it out.
3) I cannot figure out how to get the train from Montreux to Leukerbad - is this actually not easily possible and so I should forget that side trip? If so, are there other hot springs around we could get to?
4) What to do for New Year's Eve?
5) We'd like to potentially visit one other country but literally only for a 1/2 day or so. It seems like France from Montreux is the best option, but I can't figure out where to go or what train to take to get there.
Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!!!
Thank you - CC
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 buyhighqualitycounterfeitmoneyforsaleusd.weebly.com/
- 2 evening of song and dance
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 5 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 6 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 10 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 11 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 12 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 13 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 14 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 15 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 18 Where to from Verona
- 19 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 20 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 21 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 22 Train passes
- 23 RENFE error message during payment
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Munich-6 days in September