My husband and I (mid-30s) will be traveling 12/26-1/4, with the first 4 nights in Frankfurt and 12/31-1/3 in Montreux. Visiting a local in Frankfurt but still open to suggestions for day trips. From Montreux we plan to ski for a day (probably in Gstaad) and I'd like to go to the hot springs in Leukerbad. Here are my questions....
1) Where should we stay on 12/30? This is wide open, from adding a night in Montreux, to somewhere else on the way from Frankfurt to Montreux, to somewhere else in Germany. We like beautiful views, beer (husband), wine (me), food of all kinds, outdoor activities that aren't too strenuous (I have a medical condition that limits me a bit), and hot springs (lots of other things of course, but must limit the list here)!
2) Should we get some kind of rail pass? If so, what kind? There are so many options my head literally hurts every time I really start to try to figure it out.
3) I cannot figure out how to get the train from Montreux to Leukerbad - is this actually not easily possible and so I should forget that side trip? If so, are there other hot springs around we could get to?
4) What to do for New Year's Eve?
5) We'd like to potentially visit one other country but literally only for a 1/2 day or so. It seems like France from Montreux is the best option, but I can't figure out where to go or what train to take to get there.
Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!!!
Thank you - CC
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 2 What one thing in Paris?
- 3 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Scotland Trip
- 6 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 7 Holiday in Austria
- 8 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 12 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 13 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 17 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 18 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 21 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 22 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 23 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 24 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 25 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?