My husband and I (mid-30s) will be traveling 12/26-1/4, with the first 4 nights in Frankfurt and 12/31-1/3 in Montreux. Visiting a local in Frankfurt but still open to suggestions for day trips. From Montreux we plan to ski for a day (probably in Gstaad) and I'd like to go to the hot springs in Leukerbad. Here are my questions....
1) Where should we stay on 12/30? This is wide open, from adding a night in Montreux, to somewhere else on the way from Frankfurt to Montreux, to somewhere else in Germany. We like beautiful views, beer (husband), wine (me), food of all kinds, outdoor activities that aren't too strenuous (I have a medical condition that limits me a bit), and hot springs (lots of other things of course, but must limit the list here)!
2) Should we get some kind of rail pass? If so, what kind? There are so many options my head literally hurts every time I really start to try to figure it out.
3) I cannot figure out how to get the train from Montreux to Leukerbad - is this actually not easily possible and so I should forget that side trip? If so, are there other hot springs around we could get to?
4) What to do for New Year's Eve?
5) We'd like to potentially visit one other country but literally only for a 1/2 day or so. It seems like France from Montreux is the best option, but I can't figure out where to go or what train to take to get there.
Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!!!
Thank you - CC
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 2 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Berlin, Nice and London
- 5 charming cities in Spain
- 6 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 7 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 8 Day in Madrid
- 9 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 12 Venice
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Family vacation to europe
- 15 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 18 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 19 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 20 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 21 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 22 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 25 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas