My husband and I (mid-30s) will be traveling 12/26-1/4, with the first 4 nights in Frankfurt and 12/31-1/3 in Montreux. Visiting a local in Frankfurt but still open to suggestions for day trips. From Montreux we plan to ski for a day (probably in Gstaad) and I'd like to go to the hot springs in Leukerbad. Here are my questions....
1) Where should we stay on 12/30? This is wide open, from adding a night in Montreux, to somewhere else on the way from Frankfurt to Montreux, to somewhere else in Germany. We like beautiful views, beer (husband), wine (me), food of all kinds, outdoor activities that aren't too strenuous (I have a medical condition that limits me a bit), and hot springs (lots of other things of course, but must limit the list here)!
2) Should we get some kind of rail pass? If so, what kind? There are so many options my head literally hurts every time I really start to try to figure it out.
3) I cannot figure out how to get the train from Montreux to Leukerbad - is this actually not easily possible and so I should forget that side trip? If so, are there other hot springs around we could get to?
4) What to do for New Year's Eve?
5) We'd like to potentially visit one other country but literally only for a 1/2 day or so. It seems like France from Montreux is the best option, but I can't figure out where to go or what train to take to get there.
Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!!!
Thank you - CC
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/sevan-skin-serum/
- 2 Soccer Game in Portugal?
- 3 http://www.supplementadvise.com/flex-belt/
- 4 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 5 Sentimental Journey
- 6 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 7 London restaurant suggestions
- 8 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 9 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 10 Trip to Italy: Venice, Tuscany, Rome, Positano
- 11 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 12 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 13 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 14 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 17 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 18 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 19 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 20 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 21 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 22 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 23 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 24 Florence-rothenburg or colmar?
- 25 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris