I am flying through Frankfurt in a week and a half and have a question regarding checked baggage. Since I had to book legs of my trip separate, one booking gets me from Canada to Frankfurt, then another booking to Latvia. I have about 4 hours in Frankfurt between flights. Does anyone know whether I will have to leave the security area to pick up my bags? I'm worried that if my flight is late or anything (I've heard that flights into Frankfurt are often late) then I could get delayed at security after picking up my bags and miss the second flight. Anyone know whether it would be possible to check my bags all the way to Latvia even though the bookings are different? Is this a good idea? My thought was that picking it up myself gives less opportunity for the bag to be lost, but if I have to leave the security area and come back in, I don't want to risk missing my flight.
Frankfurt Airport - Urgent!
- 1 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 2 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 3 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 4 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 5 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 6 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 7 river cruise choice
- 8 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 9 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 10 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 11 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 12 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 13 Paris Ticket t+
- 14 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 15 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 16 Train Passes
- 17 Rome apartment
- 18 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 19 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 20 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 21 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 22 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 23 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 24 Gate 1 Travel is the BEST
- 25 Travelling within Florence and to Siena