I will be arriving at Frankfurt International Airport (Terminal 1) on 23rd September tentatively between 18:15 to 19:00 hrs (I have been tracking the punctuality of the specific flight for two months). From various forums, I understand that about 40 mins to 60 mins should be more than sufficient to clear immigration, collect baggage and reach the main airport area.
I needed to reach Hamburg-Harburg. So I booked a Bahn. Here are the train details:
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Regionalbf-------> Frankfurt Hbf (tief) [S-Bahn S9]
(DEPARTURE @ 20:47 from Regio 1, ARRIVAL @ 20:58, platform 102)
walk 10 min.(from tief underground to Hbf above)
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf-------> Hamburg-Harburg [ICE 272]
(DEPARTURE @ 21:13 from Platform 9, ARRIVAL @ 01:25, platform 1)
From whatever I read online, this seams to be a feasible plan. However, I would nevertheless like to hear from those who are very familiar with navigating between Frankfurt International Airport and the Hauptbahnhoff. Your opinions are much appreciated!!
Thanks a lot!
Since the Regional Bahnhoff is below Terminal 1 where I will be arriving, I reckon, it wont be much of a problem reaching there... I'd appreciate it if anyone could give an estimate as to how long it might take one to reach Regional Bahnhoff Platform 1 from arrival at Terminal 1 ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 5 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 6 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 7 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 13 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 17 Super Cover For Hertz
- 18 When to Visit Scotland
- 19 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 20 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Sicily
- 24 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy
(Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff