I will be arriving at Frankfurt International Airport (Terminal 1) on 23rd September tentatively between 18:15 to 19:00 hrs (I have been tracking the punctuality of the specific flight for two months). From various forums, I understand that about 40 mins to 60 mins should be more than sufficient to clear immigration, collect baggage and reach the main airport area.
I needed to reach Hamburg-Harburg. So I booked a Bahn. Here are the train details:
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Regionalbf-------> Frankfurt Hbf (tief) [S-Bahn S9]
(DEPARTURE @ 20:47 from Regio 1, ARRIVAL @ 20:58, platform 102)
walk 10 min.(from tief underground to Hbf above)
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf-------> Hamburg-Harburg [ICE 272]
(DEPARTURE @ 21:13 from Platform 9, ARRIVAL @ 01:25, platform 1)
From whatever I read online, this seams to be a feasible plan. However, I would nevertheless like to hear from those who are very familiar with navigating between Frankfurt International Airport and the Hauptbahnhoff. Your opinions are much appreciated!!
Thanks a lot!
Since the Regional Bahnhoff is below Terminal 1 where I will be arriving, I reckon, it wont be much of a problem reaching there... I'd appreciate it if anyone could give an estimate as to how long it might take one to reach Regional Bahnhoff Platform 1 from arrival at Terminal 1 ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Spain and South of France
- 3 Ronda Wine/biking
- 4 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 5 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 6 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Andalucia itinerary help
- 10 Santorini lodging
- 11 Germany family road trip help!
- 12 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 13 Overnight at Heathrow
- 14 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 15 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 16 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 17 Prague
- 18 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 19 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 20 9 days in London
- 21 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Milan private guide
- 24 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 25 Help / Day Planning Required ...
(Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff