I will be arriving at Frankfurt International Airport (Terminal 1) on 23rd September tentatively between 18:15 to 19:00 hrs (I have been tracking the punctuality of the specific flight for two months). From various forums, I understand that about 40 mins to 60 mins should be more than sufficient to clear immigration, collect baggage and reach the main airport area.
I needed to reach Hamburg-Harburg. So I booked a Bahn. Here are the train details:
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Regionalbf-------> Frankfurt Hbf (tief) [S-Bahn S9]
(DEPARTURE @ 20:47 from Regio 1, ARRIVAL @ 20:58, platform 102)
walk 10 min.(from tief underground to Hbf above)
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf-------> Hamburg-Harburg [ICE 272]
(DEPARTURE @ 21:13 from Platform 9, ARRIVAL @ 01:25, platform 1)
From whatever I read online, this seams to be a feasible plan. However, I would nevertheless like to hear from those who are very familiar with navigating between Frankfurt International Airport and the Hauptbahnhoff. Your opinions are much appreciated!!
Thanks a lot!
Since the Regional Bahnhoff is below Terminal 1 where I will be arriving, I reckon, it wont be much of a problem reaching there... I'd appreciate it if anyone could give an estimate as to how long it might take one to reach Regional Bahnhoff Platform 1 from arrival at Terminal 1 ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED STATE@Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Best layover option
- 5 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 6 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 7 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 8 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 9 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 10 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 13 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 14 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 15 Prem fares (again)
- 16 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 17 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 18 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 19 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 20 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 4 days from/to Zagreb...
- 23 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 24 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 25 3 days solo in London
(Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff