I will be arriving at Frankfurt International Airport (Terminal 1) on 23rd September tentatively between 18:15 to 19:00 hrs (I have been tracking the punctuality of the specific flight for two months). From various forums, I understand that about 40 mins to 60 mins should be more than sufficient to clear immigration, collect baggage and reach the main airport area.
I needed to reach Hamburg-Harburg. So I booked a Bahn. Here are the train details:
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Regionalbf-------> Frankfurt Hbf (tief) [S-Bahn S9]
(DEPARTURE @ 20:47 from Regio 1, ARRIVAL @ 20:58, platform 102)
walk 10 min.(from tief underground to Hbf above)
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf-------> Hamburg-Harburg [ICE 272]
(DEPARTURE @ 21:13 from Platform 9, ARRIVAL @ 01:25, platform 1)
From whatever I read online, this seams to be a feasible plan. However, I would nevertheless like to hear from those who are very familiar with navigating between Frankfurt International Airport and the Hauptbahnhoff. Your opinions are much appreciated!!
Thanks a lot!
Since the Regional Bahnhoff is below Terminal 1 where I will be arriving, I reckon, it wont be much of a problem reaching there... I'd appreciate it if anyone could give an estimate as to how long it might take one to reach Regional Bahnhoff Platform 1 from arrival at Terminal 1 ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 outlook Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 outlook Tec*h care
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Norway Honeymoon
- 8 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 9 Schengen Rule
- 10 Quizz !
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 15 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 16 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 21 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 22 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 23 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 24 Our future trip to Greece
- 25 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
(Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff