Please critique the following as to desinations and the allocation of time. We don’t mind short stays, but perhaps there could be fewer stops and more time in each.
Open jaw Paris/Milano. Travel by train. Twenty nights on the ground.
Paris [return] for three nights; Strasbourg [return] for two.
Basel for two [train change on the way to Stresa, never having been
there thought we’d give it a try].
Orta San Julio for two [car rental from Stresa upon arrival].
Back to Stresa [return] for two;
Bergamo, Mantova and Cremona each for two [maybe one could be eliminated];
Last night near Malpensa.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 2 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 3 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 4 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 9 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 10 Norway Itinerary
- 11 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 12 train or plane
- 13 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 14 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 15 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 16 Germany in December Trip Report
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 19 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 20 Planning a European Trip
- 21 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 22 Italy for Christmas Week
- 23 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome