Please critique the following as to desinations and the allocation of time. We don’t mind short stays, but perhaps there could be fewer stops and more time in each.
Open jaw Paris/Milano. Travel by train. Twenty nights on the ground.
Paris [return] for three nights; Strasbourg [return] for two.
Basel for two [train change on the way to Stresa, never having been
there thought we’d give it a try].
Orta San Julio for two [car rental from Stresa upon arrival].
Back to Stresa [return] for two;
Bergamo, Mantova and Cremona each for two [maybe one could be eliminated];
Last night near Malpensa.
France/Italy Itinerary Check
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 3 Paris November 2014
- 4 Arc de Triumph Question
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 7 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 11 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 12 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 15 London 2nd time around
- 16 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 19 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 20 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 21 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 22 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 23 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 24 Rovinj, Croatia
- 25 Which lake to visit in Italy