I have searched these boards for years and always appreciate reading everyone's experiences and advice. I have a rather basic question, with little time to do the research I usually like to do, so I thought I would try putting this question out there.
My husband was just invited to a 2 day conference in Paris in November. I am thinking of joining him there with our 4 year-old, generally well-behaved, daughter. However, we have been to Paris several times and I would like to explore another part of France. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a trip with a child in November. We would be in Paris for 3 days, and then somewhere else for about 5. (mid-November)
I really want to go to Normandy and stay in Bayeux, but wonder if I should wait until a warmer time of year and until my daughter is older. Other thoughts I have are Bordeaux, Loire Valley, Provence? We would really be up for anything charming/interesting!
I usually would look into this closely, but since I will have to decide whether to go really soon, I thought I would see if anyone has any great experiences of hidden gems to pass along. (A bonus would be if we could rely on public transport instead of a car)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Madrird and Seville
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Greece
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 14 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 London with Teens Trip Report
- 19 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 22 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 23 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 24 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 25 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester