I have searched these boards for years and always appreciate reading everyone's experiences and advice. I have a rather basic question, with little time to do the research I usually like to do, so I thought I would try putting this question out there.
My husband was just invited to a 2 day conference in Paris in November. I am thinking of joining him there with our 4 year-old, generally well-behaved, daughter. However, we have been to Paris several times and I would like to explore another part of France. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a trip with a child in November. We would be in Paris for 3 days, and then somewhere else for about 5. (mid-November)
I really want to go to Normandy and stay in Bayeux, but wonder if I should wait until a warmer time of year and until my daughter is older. Other thoughts I have are Bordeaux, Loire Valley, Provence? We would really be up for anything charming/interesting!
I usually would look into this closely, but since I will have to decide whether to go really soon, I thought I would see if anyone has any great experiences of hidden gems to pass along. (A bonus would be if we could rely on public transport instead of a car)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Trains in Alps and UK
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 CDG airport and connection time
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 12 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 13 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 14 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close