I have searched these boards for years and always appreciate reading everyone's experiences and advice. I have a rather basic question, with little time to do the research I usually like to do, so I thought I would try putting this question out there.
My husband was just invited to a 2 day conference in Paris in November. I am thinking of joining him there with our 4 year-old, generally well-behaved, daughter. However, we have been to Paris several times and I would like to explore another part of France. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a trip with a child in November. We would be in Paris for 3 days, and then somewhere else for about 5. (mid-November)
I really want to go to Normandy and stay in Bayeux, but wonder if I should wait until a warmer time of year and until my daughter is older. Other thoughts I have are Bordeaux, Loire Valley, Provence? We would really be up for anything charming/interesting!
I usually would look into this closely, but since I will have to decide whether to go really soon, I thought I would see if anyone has any great experiences of hidden gems to pass along. (A bonus would be if we could rely on public transport instead of a car)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 3 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 4 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 5 UK in May and June
- 6 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 Poland to Austria In December
- 9 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 10 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 13 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 14 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 15 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 16 Norwegian Air?
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 19 Shorts in South of France?
- 20 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 25 A bit overwhelmed!!!