I have searched these boards for years and always appreciate reading everyone's experiences and advice. I have a rather basic question, with little time to do the research I usually like to do, so I thought I would try putting this question out there.
My husband was just invited to a 2 day conference in Paris in November. I am thinking of joining him there with our 4 year-old, generally well-behaved, daughter. However, we have been to Paris several times and I would like to explore another part of France. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a trip with a child in November. We would be in Paris for 3 days, and then somewhere else for about 5. (mid-November)
I really want to go to Normandy and stay in Bayeux, but wonder if I should wait until a warmer time of year and until my daughter is older. Other thoughts I have are Bordeaux, Loire Valley, Provence? We would really be up for anything charming/interesting!
I usually would look into this closely, but since I will have to decide whether to go really soon, I thought I would see if anyone has any great experiences of hidden gems to pass along. (A bonus would be if we could rely on public transport instead of a car)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Long weekend in Albania
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 hill of crosses
- 12 A week in the Occitanie
- 13 Munich and....???
- 14 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 15 Iceland March Itinerary
- 16 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 17 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Italy June 6-16